Bargerons...anyone know some?

by AuldSoul 7 Replies latest jw friends

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Does anyone here know the Bargerons: Ben & Julia, Tim & Rhea, Steve (can't remember his wife's name)?

Ben and Julia were CO and wife for a while. Last I heard, Tim & Rhea had left the lie. I am out of touch with them and wonder where they have gotten off to.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• juni
    juni

Sorry I can't help you.

Juni

• LivingInReality
    LivingInReality

yup.... i knew a few Bargerons. I'm from Upstate New York, and for the hell of me I can't remember their names... I think one was Kathy. I've been out too long to remember, sorry. But last that I remember some went out to California and the others down towards Florida or thereabout. With a name like Bargeron it very well may be the same family. I'll get back to you on this after I find out their first names.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

Here is an engagement announcement for a Christopher Bargeron of Walkill, NY, parents Tim and Rhea of Waterbury, Conn.

http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061001/COMM1502/610010306/-1/COMM15

Hope this helps.

~Sue

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

That's THEM, betterdaze!

Thanks! THIS PLACE IS GREAT!

I knew them in Lakeland, Georgia. Population: Teensy.

• LivingInReality
    LivingInReality

OH God.... now I know why I remember that name.... he was my Circuit Overseer here in Upstate New York. He was an amazing speaker... too bad about the content... but damn, that man could fill the house. I heard that he got in quite a bit of trouble though because he started throwing his own personal opinions into the mix...(SHOCK !!!) for example, he was personally against hunting...so one of his talks contained a little blurb about how it would be inappropriate for christians to hunt...and since he was such a moving and effective speaker...all the drones believed him. After a while though it cought up to him and I had heard years ago he was asked to step aside from being a CO. So what have you heard about the family??

shannon

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

LIR,

I have had no updates in some time. However, I can tell you that they were asked to leave the Circuit work. Ben and Julia are both very kind people, and genuinely warm-hearted, which explains the crowds.

At any rate, I was mostly trying to get in touch with their son and daughter-in-law. I had heard a while back that their son was DF'd and I thought I remembered the daughter-in-law as well (still not sure if that's right), but now I found out that the grandson who is at Walkill is married and the parents apparently figured heavily in the wedding (strong indication they are no longer DF'd. But fortunately, I made a few contacts with some faders who are still in touch with people in touch with the family who have agreed to put out a few feelers.

I was hopeful Tim, Rhea and I could take up friendship again. But I will know more soon, if things go well.

Respectfully,
    AuldSoul

• metatron
    metatron

If I recall correctly, his wife ( C.O.) had severe allergies and couldn't even stand perfume at the Kingdom Hall. I came to despise Circuit

Overseers but I found him to be a good man. It was the few like him that allowed me to stay active longer than I would have otherwise.

The few honest men in the organization gave me hope - but no longer. If he was booted out of the circuit work, it only is another sad example

of cleaning good men out of Watchtower leadership in favor of corporate shills.

I think the C.O. who got into trouble for hunting remarks - and countless other harsh actions was his predecessor.

metatron

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit