Publisher statistics

by Shepherd Book 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Every year for at least the last half-century, the Society has published statistics on the activity of JWs around the world.

I am hoping someone here can provide me with that information, or can direct me as to where it can be found. Specifically, I am looking for USA-specific data: USA population (the way Watchtower counts it - sans Alaska and Hawaii), number of publishers in the USA and number baptized in the USA.

My 'paper' Watchtower library is somewhat limited. And, though I tried finding this information on the Watchtower CD-ROM, they have removed it from both the yearbook and magazine files.

• Chameleon
  • blondie
    blondie

BTW, Alaska is no longer a separate branch and is under the branch in NY.

• moggy lover
    moggy lover

Hang on for just a couple of months. The Jan 1 issue of each WT gives you the latest census report of the WT "population" and their activity. Someone may be able to scan it for you. I am interested in the latest statistics myself.

Cheers

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Thanks for the link to the 2005 data.

I guess I wasn't clear enough - I'm looking for data from past years, like 1975 - 2004 or even older if available.

• windchime
    windchime

http://www.freeminds.org/history/wherebaptized.htm

Though figures from 1985, hope it would be a help for you.

• Shepherd Book
    Shepherd Book

Yes, thank you. I also want to point out, in case anyone else is looking, that it turns out you can find peak publishers in the US on the CD-ROM. You just have to do a little digging. Go to the Kingdom Ministry section and look at the article in each one entitled "June Service Report" (or whatever month).

• tmo1965
    tmo1965
    And, though I tried finding this information on the Watchtower CD-ROM, they have removed it from both the yearbook and magazine files.

You would think they had something to hide.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit