TRICK OR TREAT?

by unique1 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• unique1
    unique1

Well, I have never been trick or treating like most of you on this board. I will go for the first time tonight. Admittedly, I am too old for people to give me candy, but I am taking my little sister (through the big brothers/big sisters program) trick or treating in my neighborhood. I am so excited and I am not even the one getting candy.

What was your first Trick or Treating/Halloween like?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

Last year was the first time I handeed out candy with my hubby to the kids.....A few times I felt like crying cause the kids were soooo cute! A couple little girls dressed as princesses and sweet as could be almost chocked my hubby up too! We love it and can't wait for our 6 month old to be old enough to take out and about. Have lots of fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• unique1
    unique1

Aww, 6 mo. can go out this year if it isn't too cold in your area. My friend is taking her 4 mo old tonight. He is apparently a horse.

This will be my fourth year partying on Halloween and handing out candy, but my first time ever trick or treating. Hooray.

Surely some more of you can share. Or did I miss a previous thread on this?

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

The only reason I don't want to take her is that I would feel like everyone would be like....Well, I guess her parents want some candy! (Which we would....but) She will be sitting out with us so she can see all the kids. I think she'll love that!

• unique1
    unique1

Yeah, I did think that about a lady last year that brought her newborn around. But then I thought, hey GOOD PLAN!!! I was kind of envious at that point.

• megsmomma
    megsmomma

I guess instead of buying candy I could just get it from the neighbors and recycle it!LOL....I would keep all the good chocolate things though! HEHEHE

• Juniper123
    Juniper123

The only reason I don't like being tall is that I can't get a cloak and a mask and have a make up year trick or treating. It's so much fun to see every one dressed up.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit