missing the bullets

by KAYTEE 5 Replies latest jw friends

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

Past history,

An incident at my first congregation (Stalag 17). An elder from the platform, obviously trying to encourage the masses, spoke about the brothers in Beirut, dodging the bullets to get to the group meeting and how we should be zealous, like these ones, in going to the meetings.

A few weeks later we had a very bad bout of snow, I decided it was too dangerous to venture out.

This elder had to keep to his word and went. He fell down the stairs outside the hall and broke his arm. !!!

KT

• morty
    morty
    This elder had to keep to his word and went. He fell down the stairs outside the hall and broke his arm. !!!

But, did he make it to the king-dum hall still??

• inbyathread
    inbyathread

Yup and the hall insurance payed for his health expenses too right?

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

How about having a meeting in a targeted building during a daytime bombing raid, believing that you will be perfectly safe because you're a member of the Great Crowd? That's happened.

• TheHypnoToad
    TheHypnoToad

Well, I don't wish any harn to anyone, BUT I laughed hard on that one.

I have often thought that missing one meeting wouldn't show my lack of faith but might show stupidity and lack of respect for life in many situations.

Hypno-Toad

• KAYTEE
    KAYTEE

morty,

It was after the meeting when he was filled with knowledge and inner contenment at doing the "right" thing.

KT

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit