Has anyone read Toni Castro's The Truth Book?

by Icansaylucky 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

It's a memoir of a girl growing up JW. If you are ever feeling sentimental and missing your JW days, this book is a must read. It truly reinforces why I'm out. The way they handle things is disgusting and inhuman.

• Little Drummer Boy
    Little Drummer Boy

Do you mean "Joy" Castro? She is the author of "The Truth Book". My wife and I met her recently at a book signing where we purchased her book. Very nice and kind person. But also, she exudes this sort of...inner strength. Not surprising given what she went through. A person would either go through what she did and become a completely broken shell or do the opposite and come out of it like tempered steel. I'm glad for her that she has been able push through her past to make a success of her life.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

I guess I need to break that book back out and read it.

It is on my shelf, but when I started to read it, it just seemed impossible to follow on the first few pages, so I put it down.

Jeff

• hubert
    hubert

It is on my shelf, but when I started to read it, it just seemed impossible to follow on the first few pages, so I put it down.

Ak, Once you get past a few chapters, you won't be able to put it down, until you finish it.

She does jump around a lot in the beginning, unfortunately, but it gets interesting as you read on and make the connections.

Then it gets shocking. It really is a must read.

Hubert

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Yes Jeff, you have to get through the first few chapters to get to the meat of the story. She's a talented writer and I think in the beginning she was excercising her craft and I just wanted to get into the dirt of what the JW's did to her. For me it was worth reading through the hard to understand part.

• Icansaylucky
    Icansaylucky

Yes, I'm sorry I meant Joy. I went to school with a girl named Toni Castro so I keep confusing the name. Strangely when I try to edit it the system won't let me.

• DannyHaszard
    DannyHaszard

Boston Globe review

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit