Corporate Giants vs Watchtower

by lisavegas420 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

from Pastor.Russell.com web site I found this message from russell. I thought it sounded like he was talking about the Watchtower Society.

lisa

Corporate Giants

"These giants are usually headed by men of ability who thus far generally seem disposed to use their power in moderation. Nevertheless, the power is being concentrated; and the ability, guided in the main by selfishness, will be likely from time to time to tighten the screws upon their servants and the public as opportunities permit and circumstances favor. These giants threaten the human family now as literal giants threatened it over four thousand years ago. Those giants were "men of renown"--men of wonderful ability and sagacity, above the fallen Adamic race; they were a hybrid race, the result of a new vitality united to the Adamic stock. So with these modern corporate giants: they are great, powerful and cunning, to an extent which discourages the thought of their being conquered without divine interference. Their marvelous powers have never yet been fully called into service. These giants, too, are hybrid: they are begotten by a wisdom that owes its existence to Christian civilization and enlightenment acting in combination with the selfish hearts of fallen men. But man's necessity and God's opportunity are simultaneously drawing near; and as the giants of "the world that was before the flood" were swept away in the flood of waters, so these corporative giants are to be swept away in the coming flood of fire--the symbolic "fire of God's jealousy" or indignation, already kindling; "a time of trouble such as was not since there was a nation." In that "fire" will be consumed all the giants of vice and selfishness; they will fall never to rise again. Isa. 26:13,14; Zeph. 3:8,9" — ("The Battle of Armageddon" pp. 369,370)

• Mystla
    Mystla

"these modern corporate giants: they are great, powerful and cunning, to an extent which discourages the thought of their being conquered without divine interference"

Russel got at least one thing right, corporations have grown even more powerful since his time and are a major force behind some governments... I don't think we can expect a lot of "divine interference" so I guess we are stuck with 'em

I predict a future where our world is run by corporations.. but then I read to much sci-fi

Misty

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit