If you were made the FDS..would it be a blessing or curse?

by The Dragon 9 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Or even king of the world for that matter.....

Would it be a blessing or a curse?

What would it be like being responsible to fix everyones problems for them all the time when they come to you for guidance? Would you have any time to enjoy yourself..or free-time? Every decision you make pisses someone off..and brings new enemies..Is that "freedom" or "slavery"? What are the benefits of being the final authority and having the final say on things?

Would you keep the superior knowledge and experience you have to yourself..so you remain superior to everyone else? Or spend all your time sharing it "spreading the curse" so your dependants will no longer have to rely upon you to solve their day to day problems...in the hope that one day you may actaully get to experience some "free-time" without shrinking from your responsibilities to do so?

Would you wish to remain a "nobody" and have a "superior" wait on you hand and foot...solving your problems for you..punishing your enemies..making sure you are treated fairly..and accepting responsibility for leading you in the right direction?

Who is "really" the slave..and the "master"?

What would you do if you were made king of this world? Would all your expectations be crushed...and would you feel trapped by the enormous responsibilty that came with the position...and ask..no pray..to be a "nobody", "follower" again? And start on a journey to accomplish that very thing ASAP?

How would you deal with it?

Is there anyway a king can become a nobody again? What would be the best way to accomplish this?

I feel pity for the FDS if he is a human....He would be the most cursed of all humans to be given a role like that.

Stuck trying to please a perfect Boss who never makes a mistake...and a wild, crazy, demanding, evil, and self-destructive customer base. He is given responsibilty for and is expected to turn around to please a perfect Boss.

Or am I missing something good in there somewhere to be had from such a role?

Any thoughts?

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, the FDS are all those JWs who claim to be anointed who are alive on earth at any given moment per the WTS.

Very few have any status at all since they are women. Those who are men have no status unless they are MS or elders at the very least. The only ones that have some input into what is WTS policy are the men on the GB.

The WTS makes sure that the rank and file are regularly informed that none of the FDS/anointed/remnant individually have any special knowledge spiritually.

No one is made part of the FDS. The WTS teaches that the individual reveals to the congregation that they are when the eat the unleavened bread and drink the wine at the memorial. Then they will be quizzed by the elders to make sure they understand what they are doing.

The only members of the FDS that are selected are those who become part of the GB. The other GB members select them.

If God truly selects you, it would be a blessing. But be prepared for it to be a curse on earth as the elders and other rank and file call that into question until you prove or earn the privilege in their eyes.

Blondie

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

Lets put aside the JW's for a second...

I consider them and their guesses a result...not the source of the big problem.

I will give up a million battles to win the war.....sometimes you have to ignore the results and go after the source of problems if you want to actually win and solve them. Or another way of putting it....short-term sacrifices for long term benefits...I use this philosophy in my life and my business. It makes for some really tough decisions too. Makes you even look uncaring and self-centered to people watching and the result of that is scorn by your friends and loved ones who think you don't care about them and their problems.

My defense is this.....Why spend all your time loving and teaching your son(s)...if their surrounding say they will die at an early age if someone does not go attack the problem that is threatening thier long term safety? What would you do? Would you bite the bullet and take the heat and scorn...and go after the problem leaving them behind and in a little danger while you attempt to take care of business and secure their futures? Or bow to the scorn and focus instead on being a good father in the eyes of your peers to a doomed innocent little boy?

Who is the better father?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

Would it be a blessing or a curse?

For precisely who?

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

The king....would it be a curse? or a blessing? to be given that title and responsibilty?

If he is not equipped to handle that kind of load would it be good for the king or the people? Or would everyone suffer?

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

The king....would it be a curse? or a blessing? to be given that title and responsibilty?

If he is not equipped to handle that kind of load would it be good for the king or the people? Or would everyone suffer?

Ohhhh....Mea culpa. I thought the question was "If YOU were made the FDS....would it be a blessing or a curse?" And I was wondering for whom would it be considered a blessing and for whom would it be a curse.

• blondie
    blondie

Frannie, I'm glad I'm not the only one who wondered what the question was.

The WTS teaches that the FDS will be kings in heaven not on earth. So how does the FDS part connect with the "king" in the 2nd question? Or are you talking about a father?

Blondie

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

I am sorry....I did not take into consideration the WT view of 144,000 FDS's............

Let pretend it is one person and they are wrong.

Lets just go further..and say 1 king under another who is perfect in everyway...and never makes a wrong decision.

Lets forget the FDS.....

lets just say...what would you do if you were made king over a hard headed, rebellious, and evil people..and expected to bring them up to the standards of your perfect boss?

Is the boss cursing you..or blessing you by giving that position and authority? (and job)

• Frannie Banannie
    Frannie Banannie

I think it would be a blessing AND a curse, both for myself and for the people over which I have authority.

• The Dragon
    The Dragon

If Bush handed over his title to Cheney.....would he be cursing or blessing him by doing so?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit