sending my mom some info

by moanzy 9 Replies latest watchtower bible

• moanzy
    moanzy

Some of you read my post about talking with my mom about the "truth". I let her have it in a two hour phone call which probably wasn't the best way to reason. I guess I'm just sick of it all and I harbor so much resentment for this cult as well as my upbringing. After 3yrs of research I am angrier with the WTBS more than everything else. I am very frustrated with people that don't even try to use their brain either. That would be my mom!!

My dad left the witnesses and was labelled apostate so my mom has been through this before. She thinks she can refute anything negative about the org because it is all just lies and comes from apostates. In my conversation with her she said she was willing to answer some of my questions that I have. The reason she is willing is partly because I told her that if I have to suffer because of what this org teaches then I need to know the answers to why they teach things that can't be proven in the bible. The other reason is because she believes she failed in inculcating the "truth" into my heart. Her words were "I wish I would have taught you not to question the Society(Org or FDS)".

So I started last night writing out Skymans explanation for the proper use of Blood according to Noah's Law and the Mosaic Law given to the Israelites (Thanks Skyman!!!!). I will also provide her with the different changes on blood through the years and how their rules on fractions just don't make any sense at all etc.

I next want to send info on FDS and how they claim something they have no claim to. Does anyone have any ideas how I could do this? I need to know how to show it so that it makes sense and is not confusing, but would show her that they couldn't possibly or even remotely be something God would even choose.

Thanks to any that can provide me with ideas.

Moanzy

PS have to pick up my daughter from playschool so will check back later!

• garybuss
    garybuss

I sent an active Witness something he could not refuse, did not have a problem with, and wanted more.

• carla
    carla

Get 'Captives of a Concept' by Don Cameron. Very good book on why God would have nothing to do with this org in 1914, 1919 or any other date for that matter.

• moanzy
    moanzy

So what did you send Garybuss?

Moanzy

• garybuss
    garybuss

So what did you send Garybuss?

Apple pie.

It's something they can sink their teeth into.

• moanzy
    moanzy

Now Gary, it wasn't laced with anything now was it?....hmmmm?

Moanzy

• StillGroggy
    StillGroggy

Apple pie, haha. (where's mine...)

• garybuss
    garybuss

This is a true story. I've been doing the pie thing for years. After my experiments and failures with believing Jehovah's Witness people, I have the personal policy of never discussing religion or Witnessism with a believing Witness.

I make a point of staying a reasonable distance from Witnesses who have advocated against me in any way in the past. Sometimes due to third party respect, I find myself closer to a Witness I don't like than my set minimum distance of 100 miles. When that happens, I bring a fresh apple pie as a gift.

I've found it's hard to chew somebody's ass immediately after they just gave you an apple pie. I learned that in business, where we might have a customer slightly less than happy. I made a rule on all warranty service calls I gave the customer a gift immediately after they opened their door. It diffused their hostility. The more pissed off the customer seemed when they made the complaint call, the larger the gift on the service call.

There actually aren't any people in my life I wish would quit being Witnesses. I know Witnesses I like and respect and I know Witnesses I distrust and don't like. For both groups, I don't wish they weren't Witnesses. I don't care.

I actually hope the Witness people I don't like would stay Witnesses. Witnesses who have disrespected me or people important to me or Witnesses who have meddled in my business or messed with my family are never respected by me and I never see them. I advocate to their detriment.

I don't need any stress in my life at all. Witnesses who have disrespected me and my family stress me and I stay as far away from them as possible. I'm not willing to repeat any past mistakes.

• Why Georgia
    Why Georgia

I'm really starting to agree with Garybuss on this.

I used to think if my Mother in law and sister in laws would leave the JW's that we would have a good relationship and everything would be okay. I was in fantasyland.

The fact is my Mother In Law and Sisters In Law have been in a long time, they know the changes in doctrine and the problems in the org, but they choose to belong to this organisation.

They choose it.

Now I know personally how damaging the blood policy can be because I have seen it at work in our life when we had our first son and my husband was in.

But I am not married to my mother in law. I don't have to see her everyday, and its our choice and hers that she is not much a part of our life and our sons' lives.

Now if my husband goes back to the JW's I will fight tooth and nail against his beliefs to my last dying breath, but I am not wasting the small amount of energy I have for people who are happy to believe lies.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.

Best Regards,

Chrystal

• moanzy
    moanzy

Thanks guys. I think I am really after being able to finally be given the chance to say my peace to my mom. My mom and I don't get along and she doesn't ever give me a chance to say what I need to without giving excuses.

I don't expect her to leave the witnesses and truth be it that although I wish I had family, I don't think having them in my life would be healthy. I want her to know without a doubt where I stand. With what I am sending her she will either get it or she won't, but at least she has been given the info. She thinks I am sick in the head and that's why I left and now the evil apostates have filled my head with lies. I want there to be no question in her mind where I stand. Other than that I don't think I can expect much more. Trying to show the witnesses the truth about the "truth" is similar to trying to teach a 4 yr old about the whole universe----virtually impossible.

I may be able to attempt the "apple pie" after this.

Moanzy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit