Daniel 9:25-26

by BelieverInJesus 2 Replies latest watchtower bible

• BelieverInJesus
    BelieverInJesus

I was reading in Daniel Chapter 9 verses 25-26. I was wondering if anyone here knows when the "command to rebuild the temple" happened. Does the "sevens" mean weeks or 7 years. It add's up to 483 years. And supposively there was a command given to rebuild the temple at 450 BC on March 14th. If that is so, it amazes me the accuracy of the triumphant entry into Jerusalem of Jesus.

Anyone know any more on this one?

• Narkissos
  • Star Moore
    Star Moore

Hi,

"There are seventy weeks that have been determined upon your people and upon your holy city, in order to terminate the transgression, and to finish off sin, and to make atonement for error, and to bring in righteousness for times indefinite, and to imprint a seal upon vision and prophet, and to anoint the Holy of Holies. 25 And you should know and have the insight [that] from the going forth of [the] word to restore and to rebuild Jerusalem until Mes·si´ah [the] Leader, there will be seven weeks, also sixty-two weeks. She will return and be actually rebuilt, with a public square and moat, but in the straits of the times.

"And after the sixty-two weeks Mes·si´ah will be cut off, with nothing for himself.

"And the city and the holy place the people of a leader that is coming will bring to their ruin. And the end of it will be by the flood. And until [the] end there will be war; what is decided upon is desolations.

"And he must keep [the] covenant in force for the many for one week; and at the half of the week he will cause sacrifice and gift offering to cease.

"And upon the wing of disgusting things there will be the one causing desolation; and until an extermination, the very thing decided upon will go pouring out also upon the one lying desolate."

Hmmm.... I think the 'seven' or week in 7 years.. because Daniel 12...and Rev.12 talk about 2 periods of 3 1/2 years each.. or 7 years... So in comparing.. I do think it would be a parallel acount..

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit