Fraggle Rock Movie!!!

by lonelysheep 3 Replies latest social entertainment

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Ok, so I'm happy! Lol!

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Will it have the original voice actors? I hope so!!

I have Season One on DVD. That was bar-none my favorite show when it came out in 1983. We had no VCRs in those days, so I tape recorded every episode and then transcribed the dialogue and what else I remembered into short stories (think: the James Blish treatments of Star Trek episodes). I think more than anything else, that helped me become a better writer at the time.

However, I was in Junior High School by the time Season Two swung around, and being purportedly "more mature", my brief love affair was over and stopped watching what was now a "babyish show". But a little secret....I still love those old Season One episodes. Anyone remember "The Preachification of Convincing John"? That episode reminded me so much of what I saw in the Kingdom Hall, of people going along with whatever the Society says. I also loved the more mystical episodes, like the "Terrible Tunnel" (the ballad of Sir Blunderbrain is great!) and my favorite "Capture the Moon".

The cool thing about the show is that it showed how groups of people/creatures living close together can affect each other, even if they do not know that the other exists. The "Preachification" episode also showed that even our best intentions in managing our environmental impact can have unintended consequences.

• morty
    morty

Can't wait to take my kids to a show that mom grew up with...... ( or sneaked around to watch..)

Fraggle Rock kicks a$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• chiddy
    chiddy

That's great news , I love the Fraggles aren't they great!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit