Best Method for Searching JWD?

by JW_Researcher 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Best Method for Searching JWD?

I have used the Google option found on the boardand have used Google via a “site:www.jehovahs-witness.com [topic]” command.

I am fairly certain that I am missing some posts as I remember reading posts and then am unable to locate them later.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thank you.

• under_believer
    under_believer

You could also try Yahoo, which can do domain searches. Although I typically prefer Google's results for general web searches, Yahoo seems to do a better job with some domain-specific searches. Here's a sample:
    under_believer

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Random.

Seriously, if you don't remember who started the thread you're quite unlikely to find anything.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

If you posted on it or know someone who did, search through your or thier POSTING HISTORY.

• JW_Researcher
    JW_Researcher

Thank you for the suggestions and the link to Yahoo! search.

It is frustrating at times to search for stuff but, as we all know, there is some exceptional and unique information contained in some posts...so worth the effort.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

It is frustrating at times to search for stuff but, as we all know, there is some exceptional and unique information contained in some posts...so worth the effort.

I am slowly continuing the task of the Best of section of the board. Hopefully I will catch many of those exceptional and unique threads.

Simon is also working on a new and improved version of the website and it should have a vastly improved search engine for the site

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

Yahoo is just as poor.

I think the only way to find my old posts in many cases is to have all the threads I posted on downloaded to my computer and use a desktop search....or spend a few hours browsing through my search history for each respective post.

• Gadget
    Gadget

I've tried most of the methods so and not had any luck, so now if I really want a particular post I'll just start a thread asking about it, and everytime someones known which one I meant and sent me a link to it.

Paul

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit