Annual Jersey Hall Meeting Notes

by noontide 7 Replies latest jw friends

• noontide
    noontide

I don’t know if anyone else has received this email or not but apparently it’s making the rounds and my “loving” family decided to forward it to me. I guess it’s supposed to make me snap back into submission. The last part is interesting. Whatever. Enjoy.

While it is still fresh in my mind and fresh in my notes I thought I’d send y’all the highlights from the ANNUAL MEETING in JERSEY ASSEMBLY HALL. Ready?????

The meeting started at 10:00am promptly and ended at 1:15pm. Bro David Splain (GB) was the Chairman.

There were representatives from 69 different countries (amazing) and reports from 5 Branches. - AFRICA, MIDDLE EAST, SOUTH AMERICA, NORTH AMERICA & EUROPE.

AFRICA-Togo: Togo is between Ghana & Benin. It has 5.2 million population. 28% are catholic. 13,000 publishers. 34,716 bible studies being conducted. Ban was lifted in 1974. 3,691 baptized this year. 56,200 attended memorial. The Bethel branch has a grand total of 41 members. There are 7 missionaries in the country.

MIDDLE EAST-Lebanon: 3,500 publishers. There has been fierce fighting the past 33 days and constant bombings. Total of 25,000 homes destroyed as a result - 60 day siege. However the field ministry has not ceased - the brothers met many people in the ministry that heard the good news for the very first time. 3.5 million population.

SOUTH AMERICA-Ecuador: In the 1940’s there were no Kingdom publishers. Today 55,000 publishers, 92,000 bible studies being conducted and 212, 441 attended memorial.

NORTH AMERICA-U.S.: The US Branch has reported that with the increase of the Bible Teach...... book, we have hit the 1 million mark of publishers. Now we over 1 million in the U.S. 97,500 pioneers and 37,322 aux pioneers. Bible teach bks - placed 6,703,261 - at a rate of
    42,000 bks placed daily. Congs are requesting over 400,000 bks monthly. Currently there is no Branch in Alaska. Alaska is now part of the US branch.

EUROPE-France: There are 922 kingdom halls. We are listed as a sect in Paris and the push to get us to pay taxes is still in the courts. 6,500 pioneers, 48,000 bible studies and the brothers reported that we are active in the field but the courts are still giving much trouble about our religious order and tax problems.

INTERVIEWS: Bro Paul Illingworth (D.O.) interviewed long time servants of Jah.

Bro Maxwell Lloyd: baptized 1950. 58 yrs of full-time service. Starting pioneering at 18. Special pioneer in isolated territory in US. Served as a C.O. at age 20 for 3 yrs - later attended Gilead
    and assigned to Paraguay. Married in 1957 (missionary sister). Presently serving on Branch Committee in Australia. Said he had a culture shock on his first visit to NY and does not like it (smile).

Bro McClain. Baptized in 1939. Started pioneering at age 20. Was arrested and put in prison for 2 yrs. Attended Gilead - assigned to Australia at age 23. Later in the Circuit Work at age 26. Later in District work – had to travel over 1,700 miles to serve the congs. And still got 100 hrs a month in service.

Greetings from: BRAZIL, CONGO, ESTONIA, GUADALUPE,
    ICELAND, NIGERIA, NORWAY, SPAIN & THAILAND

Bro. Anthony Morris (GB) had the privilege of giving the year text for 2007:
    ZEPHANIAH 1:14

He said the, “Governing Body is convinced” that we are close to Jehovah’s Day. Very evident that Jahs day is near. We eagerly anticipate the judgment period. Joel 2:1-16. He asked - are you ready for Jehovah’s day? Does the fact that it is near affect our day-to-day life? Do we sense the urgency of the time? 2 Peter 3:3,4 - We should be diligently studying the prophecies for our time with a sense of urgency. Many do not want Jehovah’s day to interfere with their day-to-day life. The does not believe Jah’s day is coming - but they will have a rude awakening. They put a lot of stock in money – but soon they will be throwing it into the streets.

• BlackPearl
    BlackPearl

Yes, Jehovah's day will be here - sooner or later, but it will be here.

• 5thGeneration
    5thGeneration
    the, “Governing Body is convinced” that we are close to Jehovah’s Day

Well it's a good thing they are 'convinced' now as opposed to being 'convinced' when they told that to my great-grandfather 90 years ago!

DOH!

• fjtoth
    fjtoth
    He said the, “Governing Body is convinced” that we are close to Jehovah’s Day. Very evident that Jahs day is near. We eagerly anticipate the judgment period. Joel 2:1-16. He asked - are you ready for Jehovah’s day?

Somehow that just doesn't strike me as being similar to what the earliest Christians were looking forward to:

"Wait eagerly for the revelation of our Lord Jesus Christ." (1 Cor. 1:7)

"Wait for His Son from heaven, whom He raised from the dead, that is Jesus." (1 Thess. 1:10)

"Amen. Come, Lord Jesus." (Rev. 22:20)

Frank

• MinisterAmos
    MinisterAmos

Meh; the Dubz are so tired of being second class citizens and out-cast freaks that they really are excited about the opportunity to finally come out on top.

• Asheron
    Asheron

I hereby proclaim October 19 to be forever known as "Jehovahs Day".

There.... all set......no more waiting.

let the kids know that school and work is canceled on account of the great tribulation starting. oh...post offices will also be closed in observance.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

***They put a lot of stock in money – but soon they will be throwing it into the streets.***

So... give us all your money now. You won't need it for retirement, and it will be worthless on Jehovah's Day anyway.

~Sue

• Mary
    Mary
    He said the, “Governing Body is convinced” that we are close to Jehovah’s Day.

Ya....and I'm convinced I'm going to win the lottery tonight. Doesn't mean it's going to happen. But I'll go out on a limb here and say I think there's a better chance of me winning the lottery than in the Big A coming "soooon".

Very evident that Jahs day is near. We eagerly anticipate the judgment period. Joel 2:1-16. He asked - are you ready for Jehovah’s day? Does the fact that it is near affect our day-to-day life? Do we sense the urgency of the time?

Some of the old timers must get deja vu when they hear this crap.....Weren't they "eagerly anticipating The End" in 1914/1925/1945 etc. etc? It's incredible that the R&F are still falling for this shit.

2 Peter 3:3,4 - We should be diligently studying the prophecies for our time with a sense of urgency. Many do not want Jehovah’s day to interfere with their day-to-day life. They do not believe Jah’s day is coming - but they will have a rude awakening.

Yawn. The only one's that are going to have a "rude awakening" are those within the Organization itself who, when they come to the end of their days, realize that they were lied to all their lives. Pretty darn sad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit