Any answer will do...

by snare&racket 7 Replies latest jw friends

• snare&racket
    snare&racket

Every JW is subconsciously taught to plough on with their message at any cost, including, ironically, the truth.

We all did it, we all defended our beliefs or partook in bible studies, where we made up an answer on the spot with the only motivation being to get past the question and back to the sales pitch, or back to the sanctioned questions, in their books. Something that bugs me to this day! Who is so controlling so as to even provide people with their own questions!!!

Here is a reminder of how bad it was..... (All his videos are fascinating)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Su4gy1UuO5E

• blondie
    blondie
    Why does jws study material contains few scriptures in comparison to the number of words from WTS writers. Why do jws run to WTS publications or another jw to find answer to bible questions rather than the bible? What publications did the 1st century Christians run to?
  • Magnum
    Magnum

I like his videos, too. I had already seen the one you linked, but just watched it again.

JWs truly are clueless. The one on the couch was totally clueless. He had never even heard of the Russell-pyramidology connection or the fancy house in California (Beth-Sarim). The old dude (off-camera) seemed to have never heard of Beth-Sarim, either; he thought the guy was talking about Bethel.

Old dude said: "I'd have to look that up in the Proclaimers book; it has the whole history of the organization in it - who did what. I would take the information written in that book over anything that's come over an internet... because so many people add things that aren't true." Yeah, brother, they do. Not only do they add stuff, they also leave stuff out - like JWs leave out a whole lot of their history or rewrite it.

JWs are so blind and gullible. They go to their own history book to find out their history and won't consider what others say about them, yet they want to tell all others to listen to them about the others' histories.

Old dude also said: "The Governing Body are the ones who do the browsing of the Scriptures day and night." Total BS. Those guys play corporate big-shot all day; they ain't browsing no Scriptures like some kind of monks seeking truth.

• smiddy
    smiddy

Is this guy taking this video with their consent ? It does not look like it .Is`nt that a criminal offence ? He might be setting himself up for a lawsuit posting it without their knowledge or consent.

I`m just asking.

The video shows how pathetic so-called Bible Studies have become .

smiddy

• wakeupbuttercup
    wakeupbuttercup

ask you own question to the right person.

LOL now I can really say this as how it should be meant /the old generation may think it means lots of love but to me they're the same

LOL

abigail

• The Searcher
    The Searcher

At 14 minutes -

"So you're organization doesn't have, like, a hierarchy?".

"No, we do not have a hierarchy!".

(John 8:44) "YOU are from YOUR father the Devil, and YOU wish to do the desires of YOUR father. That one was a manslayer when he began, and he did not stand fast in the truth, because truth is not in him. When he speaks the lie, he speaks according to his own disposition, because he is a liar and the father of [the lie]."

What was the lying Witness's disposition? (he sounds like an Elder - that would explain it!)

• KillerJones
    KillerJones
    Videos recorded in your own home are not subject to the same laws as those done on the street in public. These men are guests in YOUR house. Record away
  • stuckinarut2
    stuckinarut2

He did well in playing 'dumb' and genuinely interested in getting answers. He did not come across as being a smartypants.

Good job in raising potentially heated topics in a calm yet inquisitive way!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit