looking for God

by Jerry1 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Jerry1
    Jerry1

"I lived as a depressed and embittered man, lost my children to the Christian faith, and was a terrible witness to your goodness. But Lord, thanks to you, I never left Catholicism.

http://www.beliefnet.com/blogs/crunchycon/2006/10/orthodoxy-and-me.html

It's a little long but you might feel a kinship with this man. I never was a JW but to quote Red Green, " we're all in this together" jerry

• zeroday
    zeroday

The page you linked to does not exist, just like God does not exist...

• Butters
    Butters

What do you mean "God" does not exist, Zeroday? I may no longer believe in man's written record of events, or man's false predictions coming from a book publishing company, but I know there is definitely a source of creation greater then us in power in the universe. I know man didn't form the sea and mountains. God exists or we don't, one or the other. I would like to see the story you were referring to Jerry1, if you could post another link or the actual page here. By the way, how long does the "Newbie" label last here? I see Jerry1 has been a member here since January of 2005, but is still called "Newbie"?

• poppers
    poppers

"Newbie" disappears once you get to 100 posts.

• zeroday
    zeroday
    God exists or we don't, one or the other

Why does it have to be a "one or the other". Could you not possibly envision the universe without a God to create it. Scientists know the universe it about 15 billion years old. It has taken that long to develop the universe of galaxies, stars and planets. Now, when i say "there is no God" that's my opinion only. I use to believe in the "one or the other" until i left the WTS and for the first time in my life applied critical thinking. Again, it's my opinion only.

PS when the link was originally posted it was a dead link, apparently it is active now, hence my comment to it.

• Butters
    Butters

Hi again. Why does the number of posts indicate how long someone is here?

• zeroday
    zeroday

It's not how much time you have been here, it's the number of posts.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit