Small Business Fads

by Stephanus 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

Just before the turn of the millennium, it was mobile/cell phone kiosks popping up everywhere in shopping centres/malls. In the nineties, I remember travel agencies appearing everywhere. A few years ago, Starbucks and its clones were emerging all over the place.

What other small business types do you remember getting popular, and what ones are you noticing now?

• hambeak
    hambeak

I think star bucks tops the list as they said on the news they plan on opening like 6000 more over the next year or so

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Krispy Kreme DoNuts

(but I don't eat them!!)

purps

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Around here, a lot of those school tutoring/SAT prep schools are opening up. There are at least 3 recently opened in our little suburban area.

For awhile the Ebay agents were popular, but that seems to have died down(not unlike eBay!)

OH, those prep your dinner at a storefront then bring it home and cook it stores. . .Dinners to Go. That's big around here-all over now.

• snarf
    snarf

The Geek Squad, mobilized computer repair services.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus

The non-bank loan providers were quite an item at one stage. Juice bars are a biggie at the moment - those and "healthy take-aways" seem to be quite an item.

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

I love Krispy Kreme doughnuts...especially when they're fresh out of the oven and warm. Ummmm!

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Through the decades condom machines have been very popular at the pub..It never seems to go out of fashion..LOL!!...OUTLAW

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit