Creation Magazine

by cyberdyne systems 101 5 Replies latest watchtower bible

• cyberdyne systems 101
    cyberdyne systems 101

Hi, I hope this hasnt been said before - I searched back a bit but didnt see anything - but anyway I was round at my ex's getting my children when I came across the creation Awake, and read a bit in a box about are JW's creationists. It stated that creationists believe that the earth and everything on it was created in literal days and yet this is NOT in the Bible. I then began to read how the WTS claims there was some thick cloud (but no proof provided) that obscured the sun which acording to them was already in existance. And as each creative day passed this cloud disapated and allowed the sun to shine through. So I grabbed her Bible and read aloud the scripture:

Gen 1: 16 And God proceeded to make the two great luminaries, the greater luminary for dominating the day and the lesser luminary for dominating the night, and also the stars. 17 Thus God put them in the expanse of the heavens to shine upon the earth, 18 and to dominate by day and by night and to make a division between the light and the darkness.

Now although this doesnt make sense from the point of view of earlier verses, the WTS teaching is certainly not a provable or Biblical answer either - in other words their teaching of this thick cloud can also be said to NOT be in the Bible!

CS 101

• Ade
    Ade

If we believe in God and his supreme power , why could he not have created the world in literal days??

They try to apply the 1 day = 1000 years to God rule here.However, where this rule is supposed to be applied in the scriptures it is always stated, Therefore there is no reason to apply such a rule in Genesis.

Some of the WTBT'S explanations are brought forth from when all the millenialists were sitting around trying to obtain significant dates from any number they could find in the scriptures.For instance firstly it was , apply the year for a day to everything, then when that didnt work it was , well a year can be seven thousand years to God.

The truth is that even if you say 1 creative day was 7000 years, you still cant agree with the evolutionists about the earths age.So we either agree with Gods word or we agree with the creation in the bible.

Me - i go with the bible , all mans ever done is got it wrong lol

All the best to you and yours
    Ade

• PrimateDave
    PrimateDave

JWs ARE creationists. It's called 'old earth' creationism, and it was not invented by the WTS. They just want to appear to be different from the other fundies out there, even though they liberally borrow from the same pool of ideas that other fundie churches have had all along.

Their apologetics are laughable indeed, except that I once believed what they teach.

I don't believe that the Bible comes from a god, but it irritates me to see them twisting the words of Genesis chapter 1 to fit some strange, semi-scientific, unprovable notion. A day is a day is a day. As for the idea that just because a second scripture says "in the day that they were created", that somehow means that the first days are not really days, but aeons, well, my Jewish Publication Society Tanakh translates it as "when they were created". No other scripture in the Bible we know gives license to the notion of 7000 year "days". It is just another invention of apologist thinking that cannot handle the facts. The Bible says what it says. Reality is what it is. Sorry for my rambling.

Dave

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

In Genesis Chapter 1 vs 3 (in the NIV) it reads: "And God said. "Let there be light," and there was light. vs. 4, God say that the light was good, and he separated the light from the darkness. vs 5, God called the light "day," and the darkness he called "night." And there was evening, and there was morning-the first day"

Now in Genesis Chpt. 1 vs 14-19 And God said. "Let there belights in the expanse of the sky to separate the day from the night, and let them serve as signs to mark seasons and days and years. vs 15, and let them be lights in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth." And it was so. vs 16, God made two great lights-the greater light to govern the day and the lesser light to govern the night. He also made the stars. vs 17, God set them in the expanse of the sky to give light on the earth. vs 18, to govern the day and the night, and to separate light form darkness, And God saw that it was good, vs 19, and there was evening, and there was morning-the fourth day"

Now just when was light created the 1st or the fourth day, its stuff like this that when one puts on their thinking cap they realize its all a bunch of myth. My youngest and I studied that together and they were real quick in picking this point out. Also the comment about "seasons" being marked in vs 14. What seasons? Doesn't the society say that there wasn't even cold prior to the flood????? just one more thing to point out another contradiction in the so called inspired bible.

Just to be funny, I learned in the Army that God separated the light and day with Reville and Taps. just my $.02

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

They say that one of the 'lights' that came to be was a different unutterable ancient Hebrew word meaning 'light diffused' (by the cloud cover), as it travelled at the New Fangled 'Speed of Light', it became more brillliant in earth's atmosphere, then light came to be later on another day. They say that the cloud cover or 'water canopy' fell at the time of the flood. My JW brother told me a year ago that the Society quoted a 'them', the scientists, who said that there are bands ice crystals in space. He said that is the water canopy being rebuilt for when Candyland comes, just like at the beginning.

• AuldSoul
    AuldSoul

Spot on, Cyberdyne!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit