Why call it "Jehovahs day" or "Jehovahs judgement?

by Hellrider 7 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Hellrider
    Hellrider

John 5:21 For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, so also the Son gives life to whomever he wishes. 5:22 Furthermore, the Father does not judge anyone, but has assigned all judgment to the Son, 5:23 so that all people will honor the Son just as they honor the Father. The one who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father who sent him.

So the Son is the one who will actually do the judging, right? Why then do jws always talk about Jehovah, and his judging ?

• blondie
    blondie

Because the WTS lives in the OT as the WT study articles attest. The OT speaks of things as being "Jehovah's day." Hardly any mention is made of Jesus as well. He is just a tool, a hammer in the hand of God per the WTS.

Blondie

• Jringe01
    Jringe01

Also because apparently all of this has been arranged by Jehovah and nothing is done without his permission.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Because JW's are deceived into believing the 'Faithful Slave' is their mediator and they can go around Jesus to get to God the Father

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

Blondie hit the nail on the head.

In the end the call it Jehovahs Day because they have to. Everything is given to 'Jehvoah'. They have done an amazing thing by stating that Jesus has allready returned! Now instead of looking forward to Jesus they are looking forward to Jehovah.

This all fills their 'Jehovah Ego'. They take things away from the son in order to give it to Jehovah. To them the name Jehovah is tool in which to gain followers and impress the minds of new ones. This is so they can present themselves as the only ones who honor God the way he wants humans to honor him, via his name.

It just hit me one day. They actually go to the point of taking honor away from Jesus so they can add another reason to the list of things that ONLY THEY ALONE teach and are doing correct. It's all about that impressive list of doctrines that 'only Jehovah's Witnesses' are teaching.

Of course what it ends up being is a false gospel.

• SirNose586
    SirNose586
    It just hit me one day. They actually go to the point of taking honor away from Jesus so they can add another reason to the list of things that ONLY THEY ALONE teach and are doing correct. It's all about that impressive list of doctrines that 'only Jehovah's Witnesses' are teaching.

Of course what it ends up being is a false gospel.

Spot on, Drew. If they went around glorifying Jesus, that would make them like other Christians and--

Oops. Right. Can't be like other Christians, because they are super special True Christians TM and don't have to glorify the Son at all!

• Perry
    Perry

I remember as a teen asking my mother this very question. If Jesus does all the judging shouldn't we be trying to make him happy?

I was told to "be careful about what I was thinking" and the subject was dropped. She shamed me for even asking this question. What does every JW child know deep down? This; If you go to Christ to deal with your sins your parents will leave you in a heartbeat.

They fulfill the scripture about anti-christs.

• anewme
    anewme

Because it is easier than saying and writing "Jesus' Day"
    Alot of people dont get the apostraphe correct after the S

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit