Question for ex-JW

by Shazard 3 Replies latest jw friends

• Shazard
    Shazard

What are JW relationship between work and WT? I mean when JW is working some work (say secretary), does they report all deeds of company to Elders? Will they "spy" if asked?

• avengers
    avengers
    Will they "spy" if asked?

Andy

• Zico
    Zico

I had a conversation with a JW about this recently. I asked him, if someone told him they had done something wrong, and asked them not to tell anyone what it is, and he promised not to tell them, if they then told them it, and it was a disfellowshippable offence, would he tell the elders.

He told me that he would tell them to go themselves at first, but if they refused, and it was a 'serious wrongdoing' he would go himself, in order to protect Jehovah's sanctity, and help them repair their relationship with Jehovah. I said to him 'But you just promised not to do that.' Then he said that a person's relationship with Jehovah is more important than any human relationship, and said that by telling you the wrongdoing, the person would be trying to get you to share in the wrongdoing, and therefore deserves it anyway. I told him I'd agree if he could find me a scripture that said there were circumstances where you could break a promise. What he didn't know, was that the 'serious wrongdoing' was from myself, and my 'apostasy' And by telling me he couldn't be trusted, he missed out on the chance to find out the Truth about the Truth. I would expect them to do the same if something came up at work.
  • Honesty
    Honesty
    What he didn't know, was that the 'serious wrongdoing' was from myself, and my 'apostasy' And by telling me he couldn't be trusted, he missed out on the chance to find out the Truth about the Truth.

I'd tell him anyway, Zico. If he listens and researches he just might find the real Jesus. If he goes into denial then the poor buggar will have eternity to think about how he could have had life instead of a life without Christ.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit