Just received to 9-15-06 wt today

by hambeak 6 Replies latest jw friends

• hambeak
    hambeak

I have been away for awhile and a customer brought me the latest magazines he had and I saw that Albert G Schroeder died last march.

The article also said he had a son in 1958 and was appointed to the governing body in 1974 That means his son was only 16. So my question. Did the family all live at Bethel? If not who paid their rent, and living expenses. I know somebody has some answers out there. If this has been discussed before my apologies. I just have seen no threads on this.

Thanks Ham

• VM44
    VM44

This is a good question.

Are there any families with children living at Bethel?

Or only single individuals or couples with no children allowed to live there?

--VM44

• BluesBrother
  • AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Isn't his son Judah Benjamin Schroeder? An attorney.

There were a few threads on him about 2-3 months ago.

-Aude.

• Seeker4
    Seeker4

They lived at Bethel, but I think it was at one of the farms in Upstate New York while Judah Ben (the son) was growing. Schroeder was the registrar for Gilead for quite some time as well.

Yes, there have been families that have lived at Bethel, though it is rare. I know of two doctors who lived at Brooklyn Bethel with young kids. One had one child, the other had four!

S4

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

Hi S4 -

Yes, there have been families that have lived at Bethel, though it is rare. I know of two doctors who lived at Brooklyn Bethel with young kids. One had one child, the other had four!

I seem to remember someone pointing out apartments in Brooklyn Heights that were provided for the doctors and their families. These apartments were not within the main Bethel homes but very nearby. They had several rooms (not the standard studios that we've all seen for decades.)

-Aude.

• WTFBBQPWNT
    WTFBBQPWNT

Yeah, Al's son grew up on the property in Brooklyn. Al taught the Gilead school for many years and would make a point to be seen by Gilead students on the front lawn playing ball with his son.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit