Infinite Justice?

by Uncanny 6 Replies latest jw friends

• Uncanny
    Uncanny

'Infinite Justice'.

That's quite a title for a crusade against terrorism.

I would have thought that only a God has the power to administer infinite justice.

So I kinda wish President George W. Bush would make up his mind about being either a Texan cowboy sherriff - 'Dead or Alive'- or a God.

I also hope military action taken against people living in Afghanistan - if it comes to that - will be ordered by the United Nations and not just the Pentagon.

We are all in this crisis together now.

Uncanny

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hi,

Bush said he is starting a "crusade" against terrorism, i suppose only the terrorist acts made by muslims...what about the state terrorism of Israel and the USA??

Ciao
    Gianluca

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

yes i am dissapointed by the name...it comes nothing close to
    the fury of Operation D. Storm by his pops

• Amazing
    Amazing

Hi Gianluca: You said,

"Bush said he is starting a "crusade" against terrorism, I suppose only the terrorist acts made by muslims ... what about the state terrorism of Israel and the USA??"

There are several things that are incorrect about what you asked:

The 'cursade' against terrorism is against all terrorists everywhere on the planet. Muslims are not the target. Yes, at this moment, the majority are associated with several nations that are predominately Muslim, but the problem is greater in scope than this. But, for example, the USA hunted, caught, and prosecuted, and executed Tim McVeigh for his act of terror in Oklahoma.

There is a lot of debate about Israel. If one reads what happened to the Palestinians, the Jews do seem to have taken their country away from them. Jews have, though, for a long period, only taken retaliatory measures. They don't start the terrorism. But what has gotten Israel in trouble over time is that they kill 10 Arabs for every Jew killed. That ratio is not exact, but is stated to reflect their policy to hit harder than they were hit. In the 1960s and 1970s, we (nations in general) praised Israel for being so tough and standing up for themselves. Over time, and especially since the early 1990s, the mood toward Israel has changed.

You speak of the USA in this allegation of being terrorists: Would you kindly provide some specifics that support this allegation? Thanks - Amazing

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

Hello Amazing,

As US officials say one must not only condemn and bring to justice the terrorists who commit the actual bombing or killing of innocent civilians, but also those states who commit them/help them too.
    Remember that the USA has "friendly" relations with many undemocratic regimesin the middle east which do not hesitate to murder their own people (to me this is state terrorism as sometimes the n° of people that have been eliminates by these goverments is far greater than the 6000 who died on last Tuesday)
    Remember also that today's most hated men in the USA are Saddam Hussein and the now world famous Osama Bin Laden were at one time financially and militarily aided by the US gov. Another example is Augusto Pinochet who eliminated an elected president with the aid of the CIA.

Ciao
    Gianluca

Ciao

• Gianluca
    Gianluca

One more thing. You said ] If one reads what happened to the Palestinians, the Jews do seem to have taken their country away from them. Jews have, though, for a long period, only taken retaliatory measures. They don't start the terrorism.

Well if lets say in 2050 China invades the USA and brutally oppresses the american people i would expect the americans to create the ALO
    (American Liberation Organization) and attack the Chinese military occupation force and any chinese "settlers" who would kick you into the Arizona or some other desert and keep the best land for themselves. Just as the Native Indians did when they were kicked off their land bu European settlers.

If Israel were obliged by the United nations securtiy council to get out of Palestine ( otherwise do what was done to Iraq...) the arabs would have no excuse at all to attack them.

Ciao
    Gianluca

• teejay
    teejay

Uncanny,

Operation "Infinite Justice" was coined to especially offend Muslims who beleive such can only come from Allah. Bush hoped to stick it to 'em before sticking it to 'em.

-------------------------------------------------------------------
    If one reads what happened to the Palestinians, the Jews do seem to have taken their country away from them. Jews have, though, for a long period, only taken retaliatory measures. They don't start the terrorism.

Interesting statement, Amazing.

Someone breaks into your house, forcibly kick you and your family out, and when you do everything in your power to reclaim your property, the thieves are excused for taking "only retaliatory measures" and not "starting the [acts of violence]. Okay.

peace,
    tj

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit