Hey-Where's Sparkplug?

by exwitless 2 Replies latest jw experiences

• exwitless
    exwitless

Knock, knock. Sparkplug, are you there? Stop in and say hi if you can. You've been so kind and supportive to Little Drummer Boy and I, and I enjoy reading your posts.

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

Hey sweetums how is the new life going? Wow, thanks for asking. I am around. Been in a rough spot for a bit but doing better now. So I am paying dearly for all of my work I neglected. Are you all adjusting to being out alright? I remember it was really hard when I first was out. It was always like silent storm. Just brewing under my surface. Anything could set me off in one direction or another until I got comfortable on the outside of te JW's. I cannot imagine how it could have been had I discovered JWD or such places earlier. It has to be so much better for people who do.

• exwitless
    exwitless

Well, its been almost a month since Little Drummer Boy and I mailed our DA letter. I know they got it because all of the pesky phone calls and surprise visits came to a screeching halt immediately. Its been so nice not to have to worry about who might call or come out, and have to make excuses and pretend to appreciate their "concern". I'm not sure if they will eventually try to call us, or whether they've announced our DA yet. We've been enjoying our newfound freedom to stop and look at halloween decorations and candy, or to brows the "forbidden" section in the bookstore containing "apostate" literature, or to say "good luck" or "happy birthday", without looking over our shoulders wondering if any JWs are around.
    I'm sorry to hear you've been having a rough time lately. I hope things are on the upswing for you now. Keep in touch!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit