Dirt biking

by Jeepthing 9 Replies latest jw friends

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

Anyone here know where to go for dirt biking? I live about 15 minutes away from St. Louis, Missouri. Where the whole family could go and near by campground if available. Either side is okay, Illinois or Missori.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

St. Joe State Park down by Farmington, Missouri, also called Flat River. Great place to camp and ride your dirt bikes, 4 wheelers, or dune buggies. Also, swimming beach where you can pull up on your vehicle, dismount and go swimming. Warm showers.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Tomorrow is rider appreciation day at Splinter Creek Dirt Riders in Fosterburg, IL. Free meal between 6 to 8, I believe is the time. Bonfire and band tomorrow night. Phone number is 372-4355 to call for details and directions. Then on Sunday is the last race of this season, which is a points race, so we expect a really big turnout. You can find me and my future daughters-in-law manning the concession stand, while my sons man the grill and my husband (the president of the club) is out running things.

• startingover
    startingover

What kind of race are you talking about?

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Dirt bike motorcycle racing - 125 cc, 250 cc, and then the little guys on 40 cc and 80 cc.

• bikerchic
    bikerchic

You might try google and search for dirt biking forums. Here is one I found:

http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?s=374a5d321ba76d3dd6612aafc3446ec9&daysprune=&f=55

Have fun!

• startingover
    startingover

Sorry I didn't make myself clear, is it motocross, hare scrambles, enduro, worcs? I ride and race off road in the CA desert.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

It is motocross, but we do sponsor at least one, sometimes two harescrambles. Also, we began last year to have races for quads as well, again motocross. Harescramble is for quads and motorcycles.

• Jeepthing
    Jeepthing

We might see you there today. My husband used to race there long long time ago.

• mimimimi
    mimimimi

Jeepthing,

The time of the free meal is 5 to 7 today if you all want to partake. I was not sure on the time and checked with my husband this morning. Hamburgers, hot dogs, chips, soda, and a dessert like Little Debbie's or something like that. My husband sprang it on me this morning that I needed a dessert for everyone this morning and I went to Sam's Club yesterday, so I still have to run buy something today. Hope to see you there.

mimi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit