Thought I'd share this from my guestbook at:
    http://www.freeminds.org/guestlog.htm

Date:
    19 Sep 2001
    Time:
    03:03:31
    Remote User:
    Comments
    This is a "Great" site! Thank You. Since as far back as I can remember, I have always loved God and the bible. once when asked, "What is the "one" thing you would most want to do in your life?" I was 21 years old then, and I answered; "To be able to read the whole bible and understand it." Well at age 28 or so, I, to cut to the chase, became one of Jahovah's Witnesses. I contiunes service for a little short of twenty years. During that time I made some mistakes as everyone does, I smoked cigarettes, I was disfellowshipped. then my son was killed at age 29 while I was still attending meetings and trying to get in so-called good graces with God and the congregation. Well, during my pain and sorrow and devastation over losing a son, I went to the elders for help, I was told, to in no uncertain terms, to, "just quit it, the crying and just go on service and move on, stop feeling sorry for yourself, what difference does it make, you'll see him in the resurrection if you make it there!" this was said to me by one of the so-called anointed ones that is supposed to go o heaven when he dies. Anyway, just last week I found this site, I ordered the book " Crisis of Conscience" by Raymond Franz and have begun to read it. I am so happy so much quilt was lifted off me learning the real truth from your site. Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Sorayda Peraino

Watchers of the Watch Tower World
    http://www.freeminds.org

• sf
    sf

"..., "just quit it, the crying and just go on service and move on, stop feeling sorry for yourself, what difference does it make, you'll see him in the resurrection if you make it there!"..."

This is percisely why it's difficult, at least for myself, to listen to the Society of jws and WTBTS itself, exalt their pity about the state of the world now.

The above statemennt IS, The Truth!

sKally

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Randy: WOW! It amazes me even now to still hear this stuff. I look back and wonder how many times I may have said something in loyal JW terms that caused someone to feel crushed. I also think back at things said to me by Elders that crushed me, but somehow at the time I felt I deserved it. What a psychotic religion. How will it continue to survive is beyond me. Thanks again for posting this. - Amazing

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

You said it sf. IF they truly believe the tripe they spew, then they are wasting valuable time/energy by giving ANY thought to dead ones. Including the relief effort in NY that they will soon be patting themselves on the back about all their good works (yea right). Why not rejoice for those 5,000 since they might be resurrected now?

• Bridgette
    Bridgette

And THAT, my friends, is why we're here. NOT to bring down the organization/corporation known as the WTBTS (who's got the time or resources for that?). But to be here when those who've been crushed, bruised, downhearted; feeling they're the only ones in the world stumble out. I'm sure, as Tallyman said on a post earlier, the WTBTS would like nothing better than for all those who've left to slink out quietly with their bookbags, tail between legs. That will NEVER happen. As long as you, Watchtower Bible and Tract Society, continue to hurt the lowly while claiming to be GOD'S ONLY SPOKESPERSON ON EARTH; THE ONLY CHANNEL BY WHICH TO GET TO GOD, ADN THEREFORE, SALVATION, be prepared. People will watch you, we will quote you, we will go over all of your sayings, and the sayings of your adherants on your behalf with a fine tooth comb--we will question you, and call you on it when you're wrong. And finally, we will welcome those you drive out with your unloving ways, or out right lies. BTW, I learned that from the WTBTS and the way they taught me to view Christendom. Same applies.
    Randy, please give this woman my regards and support, if you are able. BTW, yours was the first I ever happened upon. I was amazed that there were others like me.
    Keep up the good work,
    Bridgette

• Makena
    Makena

OMG - I can totally empathize with what this lady went through. My wife and I received similar treatment after the death of our daughter. The pain, anguish, and anger that we experienced was horrible, and we "shared" that with some in the cong, thinking what we said would be in confidence. It wasn't, resulting in a stern warning from the PO and other elders not to disrupt the peace of the congregation, "We do not understand the anger", "be careful brother - lest your wife display a Jezebel influence" - get back in service, continue pioneering, and my favorite, "Oh well, you will see her in the resurrection", that from a CO's wife telling my wife to basically get over it. After just less than a month? Hardly.
    I pointed out that this "counsel" was not supported by the "When Someone You Love Dies" brochure, etc. (actually a well written publication). This of course showed a haughty spirit on my part....
    All of this happened over three years ago, and with counseling, reading about grief and forgiveness, we are in a much better place as a family - no thanks to the local KH.
    My heart goes out to others who have suffered under the harsh treatment of the org's "untrained volunteers". I know - I used to be one, but hopefully wasn't as unfeeling as some are.
    I am a new lurker here, (just a few small posts), inactive for 2 years with no plans of ever going back. Someday, I would like to share more, but in the meantime this board reinforces that decision to move on, and its a great source of information and assistance.
    Thanks for listening.
    Makena
    (PS - still tryin' to figure out how to attach a picture!!!! :(

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Mekena,

Welcome here - and I'm so sorry for your loss of your daughter. Please share my hello with your wife. I firmly believe that no one can understand the terrible pain and loneliness - but everyone can develop empathy.

I was a jw woman for 30 years, my husband for 50, we walked away 2 years also. We will absolutely never go back. Learned too much. I guess that's why they don't want us to read anything of "higher critical" nature. Will make us think. Go figure.

If you've been lurking, I'm sure you realize this place is getting bigger every day - with many personalities and backgrounds. Most of us just click back and forth if we get on a thread we don't care for.

Please join in - and perhaps your wife will join us?

waiting

• patio34
    patio34

Hi Randy,

That letter reminded me of a scripture where Jesus coldly told a man "Let the dead bury their dead." The WTS explained that away, but the statement is cold.

Makena,

Welcome to the board. I hope you enjoy it here. Thanks for sharing your experience with the KH and I'm glad you found solace and help somewhere else. I'm sorry for your loss.

Pat

• waiting
    waiting

Hey Pat,

That letter reminded me of a scripture where Jesus coldly told a man "Let the dead bury their dead." The WTS explained that away, but the statement is cold.

This scripture has been used for so long - and the context is always the same - get over it and it will help you if you go out in service more.

Always get out in service more.

Looking forward to our visit!!!!!!!!! Pat's my sister, btw! WooooHoooo!

waiting

• Winston
    Winston

Thanks Randy.

It made me think back when I was an elder, I hope I was never that bad.
    Being blinded for all those years, I'm glad I'm out now.

How long have you LIVED and how long has God LIVED?
    1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 to .000000000000000000000000000000001
    Who is like God?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit