With my JW family members

by AuntieJane 5 Replies latest jw friends

• AuntieJane
    AuntieJane

Spent a few days w. cousin and 12 year old daughter, both JW's, no others in family. Many of us on a short

trip together, it was fun. There were 3 times that their JW-ness was obvious, at least to me. Some maybe didn't really notice.

1) Playing a trivia game; a question about What things are associated with Halloween? AFter several shouted answers, my cousin shouts out, very loudly: IDIOTS! Ok....it was buried beneath other shouted answers but I heard it and knew what her point was!

2) Someone sneezed and another said the usual, "God bless you." Cousin proceeded to explain that "we" don't say God Bless you

because...blah blah blah. I was busy chatting w. others and could not stop conversation to listen, but noticed the ones hearing her out were

nodding their heads, like, Oh, yeah, ok, whatever!

3) Family members gave Grandma some scratch lottery tickets, the kids had fun passing them around and doing them for Grandma. Oh No, not the 12 yr old, Momma stopped her fast when her little hand reached out for one like the rest of the kids.

JUST SAD TO OBSERVE THESE GUILT-RIDDEN INSTANCES, I'm glad I'm not around it anymore than every few yrs. I would probably not be able to keep my mouth shut.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

Why do they have to do that with every "god bless", " happy birthday", "good luck", "merry Christmas"? Can't they just show their love without judging every word like that? DUH, of course not. They have to pour on the uglies and spoil everything with negativity. Glad someone had the presence of mind to mention that it is 'idiotic'.

• Jamie_from_Canada
    Jamie_from_Canada

"their JW-ness" their catagorial behavior. That is so true. I never really thought about JW's as having mannarisms but i guess they are overflowing with them. My grandfather once told me: people are the strangest thing

• greendawn
    greendawn

It shows how succesful the cult is in erecting walls between them and the rest of society and imprison them behind these emotional walls. If a jW will feel so separated and guilty for such innocent things happening in daily life then they have a problem of normal adaptation to life.

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings AuntieJane,

It's more of the same. Dub show-boating & grand-standing. Remember they'll be spared at the big A for taking their stand. After all God observes their every move from His heavenly perch. Right?

Dismembered

• luna2
    luna2

I remember doing that...explaining this or that simple phrase or feeling obligated to do the whole "why we don't celebrate anything" routine. I can recall feeling as though I mustn't let them think I went along with their customs, that I was somehow ashamed of Jehoover if I didn't immediately explain the JW position. Blah. After about three or four years as a dub, I stopped doing that unless asked a direct question.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit