Witness sightings in weird places

by Mysterious 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

Anyone seen a witness or a set of magazines in an odd context? This morning I saw one girl reading an Awake in her bag in my human sexuality class. And let me tell you this class is explicit, the teacher swears, we see graphic material. It would certainly not be a witness friendly environment. It really took me aback to see a magazine in that context. I don't know if she was a witness or not but it was weird. Anyone else been unprepared for something like this?

• solo
    solo

JW in a weird setting: my JW mum on a college course surrounded by very wordly people

one evening after her course, sitting in the lounge, she asked my brother if he could tell her what muff diving was !*?!!

talk about bad associations!

(in case you're wondering he declined to give her an explanation)

• JK666
    JK666

Once I saw an elder while I was at a strip club just after I turned 21. For some reason, he saw fit not to turn me in on that occasion. Go figure! John

• carla
    carla

Witness sightings in a weird place? my home!

• Mysterious
    Mysterious

They're just trying to save you carla ;)

• Crumpet
    Crumpet

Mysterious - that sighting was mysterious - I can Hazard to speculations as to why

a) She was not a JW at all. A JW hangs on every word about sex = its the closest they get. She is someone who has been passed mags by a JW.

b) She is a JW and it helps her feel less guilty to pretend not to listen and to be reading the Awake instead.

• blondie
    blondie

Possessing a WT publication does not a JW make. Who knows, maybe it was a WT issue on their viewpoint of sexuality she was using in a school paper.

Even when they say, "I'm a Jehovah's Witness," it can be iffy. I know people who studied for 2 years and stopped never being baptized who would tell people that.

Blondie

• badboy
    badboy

I ONCE SAW A WT(METHINKS!) laying in a puddle of water on a pedestrian bridge.

IT WAS DEFINATELY ONE OF THEIR MAG!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit