Looking for someone that watched FOX news tonight

by purplesofa 3 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

There was an interview with Hiram Sasser (attorney)

The story was about a pastor breaking confidentiality

and annoucing to the congregation the womens trouble in her marriage. I only got bits and pieces and cannot find a thing online about it. It may have been CNN, I was surfing online and watching tv......flipping stations. Something about seperating church from state.

Thanks,

purps

• Slick Willie
    Slick Willie

Check out this website: www.libertylegal.org I think this may be what you're looking for.

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

thanks

Penley v. Westbrook
    A member of a church in Fort Worth had an unbiblical relationship with another man and desired to divorce her husband without a biblical reason. The church member refused to repent of her sin. The church, through its church disciplinary process according to the Book of Matthew, sent a letter to the congregation informing them of the former church member's lack of repentance and the unacceptability of such lack of repentance. The former church member sued the church, the elders and the pastor. LLI is representing the pastor before the Texas Supreme Court, which has taken the next step toward granting review by asking for full briefing on the case.
  • purplesofa
    purplesofa

Matthew 18:15-17

15Moreover, if your brother commits a sin, go lay bare his fault between you and him alone. If he listens to you, you have gained your brother. 16 But if he does not listen, take along with you one or two more, in order that at the mouth of two or three witnesses every matter may be established. 17 If he does not listen to them, speak to the congregation.

This is where the pastor felt validated in what he did exposing this woman. That is how he interpreted it.

I would like to find a video of this interview..........

Thanks,

purps

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit