The Dubs accepted my invite, lets see where this goes.

by Zone 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Zone
    Zone

They ried to talk to me over the phone about my issues, but I told them "I wanna talk to someone, in person, face to face." They young guy on the other end seemed kinda stunned, and handed the phone to a older guy, who accepted my invite. I'll let you know how it goes.

• garybuss
    garybuss

When my grandson was about 2 1/2 we had the stinky butt conversation. I'd say: "You're a stinky butt." and he'd say, "No you're a stinky butt." and I'd say, "No you're a stinky but." and on and on . . .

And that's what it's like for me to talk to a Jehovah's Witness. It's much more fun to talk to the 2 year old and I get farther.

For me, talking to a believing Jehovah's Witness is a bit like being in a pissing contest with a skunk . . . sorta like trying to reason with a drunk. It's a waste of time and it pisses the drunk off.

• Zone
    Zone

Here is the thing, I usually use 3 scriptures (New Testiment, stating that Salvation isn't of works) and the Greek Definition of Salvation and pick apart James 2, asking them where is a word or symmnom for Salvation in that verse? By that time, they quit talking to me, leaving them dumfounded in the process, or admit they are Saved (which has only happened twice.)

My goal is not to have them leave (thats a big no-no when witnessing to anyone), but get them saved....and maybe Holy Spirit filled if they are bold enought to take that step.

You really got to know your stuff when dealing with them. Like I said above, they only know one scripture for Salvation. I show them 3 scriptures, that ALL say Salvation isn't of works.

• caballoSentado
    caballoSentado

Zone,
    Could you please tell us the scriptures you'll use?
    Thanks
    Caballo Sentado

• drew sagan
    drew sagan

garybuss is right on with this. The only way to keep the conversation from going in this direction is to have a list of pre selected quotes from their literature that contain lies and misinformation. Their Holy Scriptures are the Watchtower magazine. One must use them and them alone in order to combat the stupidity that will erupt if the conversation is not eaisly contained and guided with a goal in mind.

• Lady Liberty
    Lady Liberty

Dear Zone,

Welcome to the forum!! We look forward to hearing how your meeting works out! Sounds like you are prepared!

Sincerely,

Lady Liberty

• greendawn
    greendawn

Welcome Zone, the thing with the JWs is that they are so convinced they are right and so opinionated and it's not possible to get far with them. But any reasonable ones listening may begin to have doubts and begin to search the old org at least in secret.

• Zone
    Zone

Lady, It has taken me 3 years to A, understand them, B, research and C, get understanding for my self the best way to deal with them.

Anyway, here are the scriptures and the definitions I generally use.

Gal 2:16
    Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.

Galatians 2:11-21 (context)
    11 But when Peter was come to Antioch, I withstood him to the face, because he was to be blamed. 12 For before that certain came from James, he did eat with the Gentiles: but when they were come, he withdrew and separated himself, fearing them which were of the circumcision. 13 And the other Jews dissembled likewise with him; insomuch that Barnabas also was carried away with their dissimulation. 14 But when I saw that they walked not uprightly according to the truth of the gospel, I said unto Peter before them all, If thou, being a Jew, livest after the manner of Gentiles, and not as do the Jews, why compellest thou the Gentiles to live as do the Jews? 15 We who are Jews by nature, and not sinners of the Gentiles, 16 Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified. 17 But if, while we seek to be justified by Christ, we ourselves also are found sinners, is therefore Christ the minister of sin? God forbid. 18 For if I build again the things which I destroyed, I make myself a transgressor. 19 For I through the law am dead to the law, that I might live unto God. 20 I am crucified with Christ: nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me. 21 I do not frustrate the grace of God: for if righteousness come by the law, then Christ is dead in vain.

Eph 2:8-9
    8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: 9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Ephesians 2:4-10 (context)
    4 But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, 5 Even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ, (by grace ye are saved

2 Tim 1:9
    Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began,

2 Tim 1:6-14 (context)
    6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance that thou stir up the gift of God, which is in thee by the putting on of my hands. 7 For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 8 Be not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner: but be thou partaker of the afflictions of the gospel according to the power of God; 9 Who hath saved us, and called us with an holy calling, not according to our works, but according to his own purpose and grace, which was given us in Christ Jesus before the world began, 10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Saviour Jesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortality to light through the gospel: 11 Whereunto I am appointed a preacher, and an apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles. 12 For the which cause I also suffer these things: nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, F1 and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. 13 Hold fast the form of sound words, which thou hast heard of me, in faith and love which is in Christ Jesus. 14 That good thing which was committed unto thee keep by the Holy Ghost which dwelleth in us.

Faith is the greek word Pistis:

1. conviction of the truth of anything, belief; in the NT of a conviction or belief respecting man's relationship to God and divine things, generally with the included idea of trust and holy fervour born of faith and joined with it
    1. relating to God
    1. the conviction that God exists and is the creator and ruler of all things, the provider and bestower of eternal salvation through Christ
    2. relating to Christ
    1. a strong and welcome conviction or belief that Jesus is the Messiah, through whom we obtain eternal salvation in the kingdom of God
    3. the religious beliefs of Christians
    4. belief with the predominate idea of trust (or confidence) whether in God or in Christ, springing from faith in the same
    2. fidelity, faithfulness
    1. the character of one who can be relied on

Salvation is the Greek Word Soteria

1. deliverance, preservation, safety, salvation
    1. deliverance from the molestation of enemies
    2. in an ethical sense, that which concludes to the souls safety or salvation
    1. of Messianic salvation
    2. salvation as the present possession of all true Christians
    3. future salvation, the sum of benefits and blessings which the Christians, redeemed from all earthly ills, will enjoy after the visible return of Christ from heaven in the consummated and eternal kingdom of God.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit