Making a video with everyone's help

by Jamie_from_Canada 5 Replies latest jw friends

• Jamie_from_Canada
    Jamie_from_Canada

Some local x-Jw friends of mine are planning on making a video on Jehovah's Witnesses. We are building a script and would like input and suggestions. I posted what we got so far on a site that makes it possible for others to make additions and suggestions.

The site is:

http://jwvideoproject.pbwiki.com/JW%20video%20project and the password is:xjw2 if you want to add anything. Ive also posted on

http://jwvideo.blogspot.com/

With this video we want to take a present look at the organizations and propose the question why Jehovah's Witnesses choose to remain in the organization after all is said in done (namely all the media exposure so far convincing many beyond a doubt that the organization has serious flaws making it impossible to truly be an organization channel of salvation by a holy and truthful God)

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I hope you realize the legalities of this project.

You must get a consent form for anyone who contributes to your project. If you are selling the product they either receive a part of the profit or they must sell their rights to you

You might seriously google info on copyright laws

• Beardo
    Beardo
    You must get a consent form for anyone who contributes to your project.

Stick in the mud

Go for it - I'm sure most ex-JWs would fully support your project and would not be concerned with legal issues. Probably a good idea to ask them I spose. I'd love to see something like this put together, that old Jeremiah Films video is looking a bit dusty nowadays.

• Jamie_from_Canada
    Jamie_from_Canada

Well I would definitely look into legal aspects. I was not doing this for profit. In fact that is what has turned myself off of personally with many x-JW ministries that seem to be exploiting the situation just a little bit. This would be a group project and nothing would be quoted or displayed without everyone seeing the final copy in complete context and agreeing to it. I was just watching the Jeremiah film on Jehovah's Witnesses again Beardo. Its amazing how the times change so quickly-the internet is definitely a contributer to that. I was also watching the documentary: "Children of Jehovah" done in 1994. Did anyone see that? They aired it here in Canada on CBC, using the Kingdom Halls, Norval Assembly Hall, the Canada Branch in Georgetown and individuals in the Greater Toronto Area.

• Beardo
    Beardo
    "Children of Jehovah" done in 1994

Nope - never saw that one. I'd like to though.

• Beardo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit