How did you feel when you found out Jehovah's Witnesses were a cult?

by The wanderer 45 Replies latest jw friends

• Hondo
    Hondo

Thanks Anitar. I did not think it was that bad. There were a couple events during the last few months of my marriage that sort a, based on what you said, bring all this together. It seems, and I was totally blind from the git go. Of course she kept everything she did from me too. I wish I would have known. Thanks again.

• Honesty
    Honesty

RELIEVED

• Anitar
    Anitar

No problem, Hondo. I felt the need to reach out and respond because your story was so familiar to me.

The sad truth is that all the time and effort I spent over the past five years to help her and save her from this cult, simply made her the perfect host.

It's times like that, when I realized that I failed my mom in something so important she didn't even know it existed, I wish that I never existed either.

Anitar

• Jamie_from_Canada
    Jamie_from_Canada

Finding out Jehovah's Witnesses truly fit the definition of a cult was not the biggest shock of my life. Finding out how low people would sink and still claim to be God's one true channel caught my attention.

• zev
    zev

heres what made the diffence for me: http://www.freedomofmind.com/resourcecenter/articles/BITE.htm once i read that, i knew i needed to RUN>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

• mouthy
    mouthy

If so, did you ever secretly hate that person?

GOD !!!!if all those I made JW's come out I will have a lot of the above

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit