Courage In The Face Of Death.

by Englishman 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Englishman
    Englishman

There is one thing that has come out of last weeks tragedy that, to me, is absolutely bloody marvelous.

So many of those plane passengers phoned home. So many of the trapped office workers did the same. No whining, no screaming "Why me?" or "It's not fair". Those people were staring death right in the face, and yet, wonderfully, the innocent victims just wanted to tell their families how deeply they were loved before death separated them.

Just think about it, assuring wives husbands and children that they were loved was the most important thing of all to those poor people soon to die.

Very humbling.

Englishman.

Stay Alive 'Til '75!

• Amazing
    Amazing

Thanks Englishman: Excellent points. The terrorists have a view that western peoples of the current generation are weak, have no courage, and are not willing to risk life and limb to stand up for what we believe. That is why they believe, as 'true believers', that they will win.

But they underestimate the west. On the plane flying over Pennsylvania, the passengers took on the terrorists, knowing they would die, but did so to prevent the terrorists from bashing the plane into another building, likely somewhere in Washington DC, maybe the Capitol Bldg. or the Whitehouse. They showed a lot of courage.

Amazing

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

I posted this in the 'Words of Wisdom' Thread, but it is appropriate here, too.

I feel how weak and fruitless must be any word of mine which should attempt to beguile you from the grief of a loss so overwhelming. But I cannot refrain from tendering you the consolation that may be found in the thanks of the Republic they died to save.

I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom.

Yours, very sincerely and respectfully,

A. Lincoln

• Utopian Reformist
    Utopian Reformist

I hope the government awards the highest possible decorations to those brave and courageous souls aboard that jet. They had guts, will, determination and showed the greatest love of all, giving their souls in behalf of their brothers!

One million cheers to those men!

• BobsGirl
    BobsGirl

I heard on the news this morning that Congress was planning to honor at least 4 of the individuals on flight 93.

BobsGirl

"May the work of your hands be a sign of gratitude and reverence to the human condition." - Mahatma Gandhi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit