On Pretending to Be a JW to Sell a Car (posted on Sept 19). . .

by Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit
    Pioneer Spit...oh, i mean Spirit

I just read the many responses and I apologize that this was offensive to some, and likely not the right place for it.

However, the truth is, I am still a JW--I am an inactive, secretly hateful, bitter JW and I will soon DA. Did I make known that I was a JW in order to secure trust with a client? Absolutely. However, it was an inappropriate time to tell these near-strangers that their religion is a snare and a racket, that the WTS was in bed with the UN for 10+ years and that they are being led slowly to their graves by the elders and the GB, and by the way when can you take delivery.

How often did we use the Reasoning Book to find common ground with people in FS and neglect to tell them that we thought their current faith or whatever path was based on ignorance and worship of men, or neglect to tell them on that first visit that they can't celebrate Xmas or associate with their families once they learn the truth.

I do sincerely apologize for this, it does sound deceitful; I hope these facts are satisfactory.

• vitty
    vitty

I dont see a problem with this at all.

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

As long as you sold the car...... LOL

• Gilberto
    Gilberto

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/4167204.stm

A quarter of 3,000 CVs submitted with job applications in 2004 had a lie in them,

It happens, we may not like it. But I bet we have all distorted the truth at some time to gain from it.

• R6Laser
    R6Laser
    However, it was an inappropriate time to tell these near-strangers that their religion is a snare and a racket, that the WTS was in bed with the UN for 10+ years and that they are being led slowly to their graves by the elders and the GB, and by the way when can you take delivery.

How about this, it really is none of your business what religion they were when they came to you to buy a car. And its not your business to tell them how wrong they are or start judging just because you think certain way. Just like I wouldn't give a damn what religion you are when dealing on a real world situation. Sheesh, how more simpler could it be? You are doing basically the same thing jws are doing when they try to change people or convert them.

• Honesty
    Honesty

Love your style, R6Laser. You still active? Elder/elderette? Pioneer? P.O. maybe?

Whatevah you are makes Brother Brandozzi seem docile in comparison.

• undercover
    undercover

I appreciate the apology. It's pretty big of you to come back after all these days and be willing to do that.

I personally got too worked up over that thread. I should have let it go much earlier. I stated my opinion...I should have just left at it at that instead of trying to debate everyone.

• Stephanus
    Stephanus
    As long as you sold the car...... LOL

That's the bottom line!

Heck, it's not like they were ripped off or anything; they wanted a car, they bought a car!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit