A REPOST of a Christmas Message

by stephenw20 0 Replies latest watchtower medical

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

THis was posted last HOliday season... notice the parts about 500 people being so instrumental in directing a country and also the freedom of spirit we have.

A Christmas message:

I seem to always get to writing about Christmas on the Solstice. As I sit here
    reviewing the year, I find it difficult to think beyond the election controversy
    and the dramatic shift in the nation's stock market. While that might seem an
    odd beginning to a Christmas and New Year's greeting, it's not really when you
    think about all of the changes that these events signal for us in the year to
    come. We are entering a time of great change - and while that is always true,
    change is a constant of life - the type of change ahead of us speaks of a much
    greater significance. I am reminded of the deep and profound beginnings of this
    nation when I think of the election madness. I receive a nonstop barrage of
    emails pouring one joke after another about our president-elect. Prior to his
    declaration as the new president, I was receiving an equal amount of critical
    reports about Gore. I found it curious that I received not one report that spoke
    of any positive qualities of either man. The positive aspects were meant to be
    communicated through the negative reports about the opponent. There was no
    mention of the positive future for this country or what individuals should do
    during these next four years to support the new energy that is soon to take
    charge of the leadership of this nation.

I recall during the Monica L. debacle a conversation I had with an old friend in
    which I carried on in my usual dramatic style, saying that Clinton had
    humiliated this nation and that he wasn't fit for holding his office. I was
    astounded that my companion had nothing to say and so I challenged him,
    demanding that he offer some type of opinion. Instead he said, "I have no right
    to an opinion about that man because I didn't pray for him." That silenced me so
    far as my conversation with him was concerned, but it has only opened wide a
    forum for thought as regards the rest of my life. That brief exchange brought
    into my mind the profound historical beginning of this nation and tonight as I
    think about the significance of these holy days and their message of light -
    from Hanukkah to Christmas and to the Islam celebration of Ramadan I wish to
    plant the seen of remembrance as a thought to take with us as we enter not only
    a new year, but a new era with the first president of the new millennium.
    This nation is the only country on this planet that was founded on principles
    that protect the human spirit, giving us spiritual rights and privileges as
    priorities toward our well-being. We have the right to free speech, to free
    thought, and to happiness, among other freedoms. But what other country states
    that its population has a right to happiness? None. The spirit reigned supreme
    when our forefathers scripted the Declaration of Independence, inspiring Thomas
    Jefferson to channel the psyche of this nation onto paper. We live within a
    nation that has a Sacred Contract to protect and provide for the rights of the
    human spirit - that is the task of this country, and thus of its population.
    When you turn your attention to the care of your own spirit, to refining its
    capacity to love, to be compassionate, to practice generosity, recognize that
    you are acting in accordance to not only the higher calling of the human spirit,
    but on behalf of a nation's spirit that has come to represent spiritual freedom
    to all people on this planet. It may be novel to consider acts of generosity as
    the spiritual expression of politics, but that is exactly what those acts of
    kindness towards others represents.

Our nation is about to enter years that will not enjoy the stability of the
    previous two decades. We are going to experience dramatic changes in our
    society. You can count on that. It is up to each of us to maintain the health of
    not only our own spirits, but that of our nation as well. It may be difficult
    for many of your to act upon this suggestion - it is difficult for me - but let
    me suggest that we hold the spirit of this nation in our prayers as a part of
    our daily spiritual practice. And if we find it difficult to respect the man who
    will soon be president, let us at least respect the office of the President and
    speak of this nation with respect. We owe it to the psyche of our collective
    nation to breathe into its energy system thoughts of grace and support, but most
    of all thoughts of respect. After all, we are protecting and providing for our
    own spirits and those of generations to come with these actions. And if we learn
    little else from this recent election drama, let us keep in mind that the future
    of this entire world rested upon the votes of less than five hundred people.
    Five hundred people have determined the future of this planet. What then can
    five hundred positive thoughts contribute?

I would like to add a more personal note and say to all of you how much I am
    grateful for your love and support of my work and me. If I could hug each one of
    you, I would. I am deeply honored that you have allowed me to share my ideas
    with you and that you have in turn supported me through reading my books and
    listening to my lectures and attending my workshops You make my life a pleasure
    and have given me all the reason I need to be filled with gratitude each moment
    of the day.

For all of you who have reached out to me for personal help, I so deeply
    apologize that I am not able to be there for each of you. Try as I do, there are
    simply not enough hours in the day for me to respond to all of your requests.
    Sometimes the letters I receive are filled with such painful stories that I find
    them difficult to read. I place the letters on my desk next to my computer as I
    work on my book, and I tell myself that I will read them as soon as I finish
    writing the next sentence or editing the next paragraph. And I realize that all
    I am doing is postponing reading them at all. But eventually I do read your
    letters to me and when I find it impossible to come to your aid individually, I
    want you to know that I keep your letters next to me and pray for each of you. I
    will always keep these letters.
    Let me close by wishing you all a blessed and healthy Christmas, Hanukkah and
    Ramadan. May all of you find this next year to be creative, dynamic, filled with
    love and abundant grace. We, as a spiritual family - which is how I like to
    think of all of you who visit my site - can do so much together if we pray for
    each other and support each other in all the ways we can. I think of this site
    as a meeting ground - a gathering place for your minds, your hearts, and your
    spirits. I welcome your suggestions as to what you would like added to this site
    and I invite each of you to share your ideas with me or to write me an "Ask
    Caroline" letter. One of my New Year's resolutions is to answer one letter a day
    - that is, when I'm in town. And when I am preparing for a road trip, I will
    attempt to answer a letter for each day that I am away. If I blow it, at least
    know that I am trying my best.
    I love you all so very much - God bless each of you. You have each been and are
    a blessing in mine.
    Caroline Myss

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit