The roaring of the sea and it's agitation

by headmath 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• headmath
    headmath

I think that quote is from the book of Matthew. Now I don't discredit the bible completely some of it is folklore but some of it might be relevant. Of course you might pull out the same prophecies if you read Nostradamus so excercise caution here.

I was astonished last night when I read my local newspaper " The Vancouver sun" There was a sattelite photos of the arctic shrinking by 50%!! in just one year. I think scientists of the world are definitely worried about this one. I have a math background and this is worrying, The melting of the arctic is accelerating beyond any simple exponential model. The WTS always has said that the roaring of the sea was symbolic. I say it is literal!!. The arctic sea ice is almost gone The vancouver sun article said the fast ice melt was due to an increase in storms above the arctic circle (roaring of the sea??)

I can't see a scrap of ice there in ten years from now. This is BAD because green land will melt next and there is enough ice water there to raise sea levels by a conservative 15 feet!!. The good news is that New York will be flooded and all the prick Landlords will get severe water damage. The WTS had better better build an ark!!!. Then there is the continent of Antarctica which is ice bound, if this puppy melts then it could be a mini noahs flood!!.

Already in the next few years the shipping routes will be open at the north pole, is that amazing or what!!

comments?

• uninformed
    uninformed

(Luke 21:25-28) 25 "Also, there will be signs in sun and moon and stars, and on the earth anguish of nations, not knowing the way out because of the roaring of the sea and [its] agitation, 26 while men become faint out of fear and expectation of the things coming upon the inhabited earth; for the powers of the heavens will be shaken. 27 And then they will see the Son of man coming in a cloud with power and great glory. 28 But as these things start to occur, raise yourselves erect and lift YOUR heads up, because YOUR deliverance is getting near."

Don't know enough to comment about it, but it is fascinating.

Here is the verse.

U

• Honesty
    Honesty

A friend and his wife just returned from a 2 month automobile tour of Alaska and Canada. They emailed pictures of some mountains I've been to in Canada. What stood out immediately was NO SNOW on the tops of the peaks.

They also sent me some pictures of Mount St. Helen in southern Washington. I used to drive past it on I-5 at least 50-60 times a year and I remember snow on the top. Again, in the pictures they emailed... NO SNOW.

It was strange looking at the pictures and comparing them in my mind with what I remember. Also, there is a vilage north of the Artic Circle that had robins for the first time ever recorded. The villagers had only seen pictures of them before last summer.

• headmath
    headmath

From the following site

http://www.gsfc.nasa.gov/gsfc/service/gallery/fact_sheets/earthsci/polar.htm

Together, Greenland and Antarctica contain about 75% of the world's fresh water, enough to raise sea level by over 75 meters, if all the ice were returned to the oceans

end quote

That is a rise in sea level by 160 feet. (it is worse than i thought) The melting of the arctic does not contribute to an increase in sea level rise as there is no land under the arctic. Once the arctic ice is gone then greenland and the antarctic will melt dramatically fast.

Too bad for brooklyn JW headquarters! and their new posh new developments there.

• peacefulpete
    peacefulpete

Perhaps you're not to be blamed for spinning the verse that way, we saw many examples of similarly forced interpretations by the WTS. The language is apocalyptic. This type of literature was filled with recurring motifs and symbolism. In the Ot and in the abundant noncanonical Jewish apocalyptical the stars fell, the moon wanes, the sun darkened, the enemies of the Jews turned against one another in violent war and yes the sea churns angrily. The sea was historically associated with a dragon, chaos monster threatening to reek havoc on the order sustained by the gods. Its roaring cases fear in men's hearts and they must turn to gods for help. This chaos sea monster motif is probably the widest testified mythological motif in NearEastern mythology. In a nutshell by the time the Gospels were written all the readers would have understood the motif as symbolic of desparate times requiring rescue by the Christian God.

• Navigator
    Navigator

Do not imagine that Greenland is all ice and snow. Although there is a substantial ice cap there, I assure you that there is land underneath. I have been there several times. It reminds me a lot of west Texas.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

what is God's idea of "sea"?

First you have to know that. second you could take a JW bible with the footnotes..an follow them all to get a better understanding of that one little word.

You may even discover another scripture that says " the wicked are like the sea".

Then after you master the "sea", you could go back and see all the times that word was used in parables...and understand them a whole bunch better.

You have to go back to the basics..and learn the language of the Author....or you can go to a meeting and be told it means the actual "sea" and continue blind and easy for anyone to lead around as they see fit.

I have been telling you guys this for awhile now...but nobody seems to be home.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit