Isaiah Book

by LittleToe 5 Replies latest jw friends

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Anybody know who wrote the Isaiah books?
    The writing style seems radically differant to me - I can't place it.
    Maybe I'm just imagining things.

LT

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Is it possible it's one of the Chieftain class?

Cheers,
    Ozzie

"It's better to light a candle than to curse the darkness."
    Anonymous

• Farkel
    Farkel

: Anybody know who wrote the Isaiah books?

Well, the original, you know, the one that isn't good enough to stand on its own merit was written by a man who I believe was called "Isaiah."

The sequel, which was written because the original wasn't good enough to stand on its own was written by a coward who wouldn't even include his name or credentials in the book. (Just in case he turned out to be just as wrong as all of those predecessors in his Corporation who wrote sequels to all the other Bible books.)

The original book of Isaiah is still around, thousands of years after it was written. The sequel will be on the trasheap of literary and exegetical garbage in less than ten years. Tops. Just like all the other sequels written by people from that pulp-fiction Corporation.

I hope that helps.

Farkel

"When in doubt, duck!"

• LittleToe
    LittleToe

Thanks Farkel,

Really useful, that was...not!!!

Funny though <g> !!!
    LOL
    LOL
    LOL

LT

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

LT I'm sorry you didn't get any other answers to this.

But I think Farkel's was right on. I'm still sitting here laughing at how right he is.

• blondie
    blondie

Just as it is surmised that the book of Isaiah was written by several people, I do believe that this may be the case with this book of two volumes. I have found that while one man may write a good deal, researchers and "proofreaders" pay a large role in readjusting the info as well as several "editors" and a review by the Legal Department. After many years of being subjected to Fred Franz' strange work, anything would seem radically new.

Blondie

Did I tell you that I am going to be the first woman on the writing committee since Maria Russell? (or is that Barbara Anderson)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit