Not the Watchtower's version of it

Before this thread is viciously attacked, the issue of preaching that is
    being discussed is not the Watchtower's version of assisting
    the United Nations and spewing their propaganda. What is being
    discussed is whether or not this type of preaching work is truly
    commissioned.

The arrows may fly, however, try to keep an open mind on this
    discussions perspective as it relates to the real commission of
    the preaching work and not the Watchtower's version of it.

Please write up your viewpoint for all to learn.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• Star Moore
    Star Moore

Good question:

I think that the teaching and preaching of the bible...has validity and is important.. up to the end.

But I think, during the GT, there is another kind a message, to be preached. A more active type of message and more a message of peace.. as it will be a judgement message and Jesus will be present then. Note..

Is. 11:10 And it must occur in that day that there will be the root of Jesse that will be stand up as a signal for the people. To him even the nations will turn inquiringly, and his resting-place must become glorious.
    As Micah 4:4 says : And it must occur in the final part of the days, the mountain of the Lord will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, .....and many nations will certainly go and say: "come....And he will certainly render judgement among many peoples...and they will ...beat their swords into plowshares..
    I still think it will be a kingdom message..but in more practical terms..as a real thing to happen on the earth..
  • OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

OK,I`ll try to keep an open mind..As a JW kid,I was punished if I didn`t want to go door to door,in the field service..Is that the answer you were looking for?..I doubt it..If your message is so important,people will knock on your door..No one Knocks on JW`s doors to find out thier message..Thats the TRUTH!!...OUTLAW

• JeffT
    JeffT

It's getting late and I have to go to work in the morning so I don't feel like trying to look up all the relevant scriptures (OK I'm too lazy). I don't think the Bible writers had in mind "preaching" as an organized activity. I think the idea was to share something you thought was good in your life with the people around you.

• greendawn
    greendawn

In the early Christian church there were many different gifts and functions and preaching was only one of them. Certainly not all members were preachers.

• aniron
    aniron

"Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age." Matt 28:18-20

Amongst Christians this is know as the "Great Commission" something a Christian should do is tell others about Christ.

In whatever way a person feels they can do it. It must be done freely and not through coercion by others. A Christians faith should move them to want to tell others.

• undercover
    undercover

There's a big difference between JW field service and "Christian" preaching.

JW field service is more about pedaling literature. It's done under the guise of Spreading the Good News of the Kingdom, but it's all about selling books and magazines.

The JW message about the Good News of the Kingdom is primarily about God's Kingdom, whereas Christians spread the good news about Christ (which is what the 1st century Christians also did).

For "christians" today, good works toward neighbors is part of their "work". They don't have to always preach, but by their actions and their charity, they're considered as spreading the Gospel.

JWs may have some programs for helping in time of disaster, but this is not included as part of their "field service". They cannot count this as time spent in field service, therefore it's not part of their preaching work.

• beautifulisfree
    beautifulisfree

"'THIS GOOD NEWS"-

What Good news do JW's share?? That if you follow their every rule you can live in their 'New world' bbut, everyone else will die a horrible death? The Mormons give away more bibles then the Jw's...they just hand out their propaganda!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit