Big time watchtower brainwashing campaign

by headmath 7 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• headmath
    headmath

I just read the July 2006 Awake today. What a bunch of drivel. There is about 4 pages telling young persons to work in bethel or to go where the need is great or to enter full time pioneer service. There was not one sugestion of seeking a college education to get a real job in todays world. The WTS are truly living in a different world. The WTS headquarters in New York has lost touch with the outside world.

The WTS have deleted the old foggies at bethel and now they want fresh young JW recruits to replace them. The campaign to send young JW to bethel is accelerating. The WTS are mind control freaks who are full of contradiction all the time. Look at this bunch of drivel from there own site

http://www.watchtower.org/library/g/2000/1/8/article_01.htm

Notice that the WTS praise the doctors who do bloodless surgery but fail to realize that these same doctors HAD A COLLEGE EDUCATION !

But is it not wonderful when a sick member of the GB shows up at the hospital and a college educated doctor(s) save their life?

• aniron
    aniron
    Notice that the WTS praise the doctors who do bloodless surgery but fail to realize that these same doctors HAD A COLLEGE EDUCATION !

If they had pushed College Education and University. They could have had JW doctors able to do bloodless surgery. So for them to complain not enough doctors do bloodless surgery. It because of their own policy on education.

• jwcol
    jwcol

Over the years, I always thought the same thing about professional careers. I really resented that stand over the years because my mom and stepdad used the organization's stand on education to mean that they didn't have to do anything all all for their kids....no college, to trade school, nothing...you're on your own and it didn't matter because you'll never even graduate high school. There's NO WAY you will ever graduate...impossible. That was 18 years ago. That stand has worked out for a few, but at the expense of the many.

• Forscher
    Forscher
    If they had pushed College Education and University. They could have had JW doctors able to do bloodless surgery. So for them to complain not enough doctors do bloodless surgery. It because of their own policy on education.

Ironic, isn't it?

Forscher

• greendawn
    greendawn

Do you really think they now want to increase the numbers of the Bethel workers? They keep playing the same tune about the end being very near and that university education is unnecessary. Yet so many who followed that advice back in the 1960's and 1970's had to spend a lifetime without a decent living and the end is still not in sight for them. Even worse the org that gave them such rotten advice is not doing anything to help them.

• daystar
    daystar

I was reading a bit on Laurence R. Iannaccone's paper entitled Sacrifice and Stigma: Reducing Free-riding in Cults, Communes, and Other Collectives earlier today and he suggests that explicitly stigmatizing or penalizing for alternative activities that compete for members' resources is a way that such groups raise group participation. As well, he relates that requiring stigmatizing behavior, such as we all experienced as JWs, is another, very powerful, way to do the same.

The requirement for sacrifice itself serves to retain membership and to actually increase participation. It also serves to drive loyalty to the group up, whereas a group with lowered requirements has more of a difficult time of it.

It also occured to me, where it had not before, that holding one meeting a week, in rotation, at members' homes may be a way to police their own, to enforce the sacrificial requirements.

The more dear the sacrifice, the more tied to the movement the members will feel.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    If they had pushed College Education and University. They could have had JW doctors able to do bloodless surgery

Perhaps. But I think higher education would lead to the development of critical thinking skills, which would in turn lead to questioning the WTS beliefs, which would lead to leaving such a moronic and dishonest organization. End result? Damn few JW doctors - or any other highly educated JW professionals.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Why they are not "brainwashing"...they are "preaching". LOL

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit