What do you do when asked a question you don't know the answer to?

by DavidChristopher 5 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

Do you admit your ignorance on the subject..and tell them to find someone who is already successfully achieved the results they are seeking...or try to point them to someone you know who is there?

Or do you use them as test monkeys and point them in a direction you are thinking of trying but afraid to do so. Or act like you know the answer so they do find out your true ignorance on the question? Furthering everyones ignorance..and hindering progress towards a real answer for everyone?

Like a highway to your goal...along the way there are many back roads.(decisions) that could be shorter ways to the end of the highway or dead ends. say you take one..and realize you could be lost...do you ask a fellow hitchhiker for directions? or search for someone who is at the end of the highway you are traveling for advice?

Who is going to get you there as soon as possible and easier with less mistakes?

• hubert
    hubert

Do you admit your ignorance on the subject..and tell them to find someone who is already successfully achieved the results they are seeking...or try to point them to someone you know who is there?

yes

Hubert

• riverofdeceit
    riverofdeceit

Depends on the question, but if it is for directions: Second set of lights, take a right, across from the large building that looks like a barn. (maybe they would be better off getting directions from someone at the end of the road?) OK.... now if they are looking for a hospital because of an emergency, and not just a local bar, and I don't know how to get there, I will find someone who does!

So, I would venture you are talking about a question with some sort of merit where the answer will have vast implications. In such an instance, I would admit my ignorance and suggest they find someone more knowledgeabe, and point them (if possible) in the direction of where they might find such a person.

• DavidChristopher
    DavidChristopher

me too...

I have been testing doing that very thing lately..and guess what? when they get back or find an answer i get it too!!!

it is really cool IMO.

• free2beme
    free2beme

Fake it until you make it

• gold_morning
    gold_morning

It's easier to say..."I don't know..but I'll find out for you."

gold

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit