I love when they turn and run as fast as they can away from you!!

by mama1119 27 Replies latest jw experiences

• moshe
    moshe

Brings back memories for me during the first few years I was out. Some of them are really good sprinters as they make their quick exits. Yes, I think they are scared another JW might turn them in , if they act the least bit civil to us.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Though I was never DFd, most JWs treat me as if I were. So I've experienced them running away when they see me. However, I've found that if they are stuck in a line at the check out counter and a lot of people are around they will talk with me if I start the conversation. Guess they feel it would give a "bad witness" if they upheld their shunning policy in public and were rude to me.

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

It would be really sad if while running away from you they (or their child) either fell or got into an accident.

Just think, they would be injured because they obeyed the dictates of this sick religion that goes beyond what is in the scriptures.

How unnecessary and sick this all is.

LHG

• schne_belly
    schne_belly

Huh, I'm not even DF'd or DA'd and some still seem scared and run way from me in public...little ol' me?!

What harm could I do?

• parakeet
    parakeet

The WTS should issue an exercise DVD, "Keep Fit by Running from Apostates." The DVD could feature 30-second shots of well-known apostates set to the music "Bad to the Bone." The JWs would get in shape by running, screaming, and waving their arms as they streak away in horror from the apostate images. Then, when they see the real thing, they'll be off and running before the apostate even gets a glimpse of them. B-b-b-b-b-b-aaadddd!

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

Further to the topic and this also applies to shunning and not just DF'd persons:

What would happen if these people were in trouble and their so-called spiritual friends were not around and the only other person in sight is a DF'd or shunned person?

They would be damn glad to receive the help even though they are not exhibiting christian behavior by what they do as it goes beyond what the scriptures say.

LHG

• mama1119
    mama1119

LHG- I have thought(wondered) the same thing. If they needed help, say they were stranded on the freeway, and you recognized their car, would they accept help. How would they treat you when they saw you again?

I wonder if this has ever happened to anyone before??

• AgentSmith
    AgentSmith

It seems late out there in USA land. in SA it is 4:30 pm. Almost home time. We, Mrs Smith and I, went to a large furniture store in the city. (looking for little red and blue pills. Heard Morpheus had some..) We then bumped into a JW that was in my Congregation while I was growing up. Big Hello's and hugs etc. We play along of course, we are not horrible people..hehe. Then the question, "which congregation are you in now?' Mrs Smith, in her best poker face, replies 'We don't go to meetings. Its been 8 years now'. I thought she was going to pass out. The conversation deteriorated quickly with words of encouragement, 'do it for the kids' etc etc, she then made a mumbled excuse about catching the next flight to Lalaland or something. Then she bolted! She can move for her age, my friends!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit