• Silverleaf
    Silverleaf

No apology necessary.

Silverleaf

• TR
    TR

I second that finger.

TR

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    —Edmund Burke

• Ustabee
    Ustabee

Amen! Posting back to top.

• stephenw20
    stephenw20

The lady of the harbor

I stood alone in the harbor
    piece by piece I was brought to life
    My crown welcomes those,like I, who have come from abroad
    I was a fortress of protection for my harbor
    I stood alone to enlighten and crush the chains of prejudice with my sandals
    As a mother, I watched my children grow. Then my twins came and I was not alone to enlighten and bring the world together.

They were brave strong boys, giving direction, stirring their visitors to sights beyond compare. We stood admiring each other for so long, they looked over to me , and I always looked up to them.

As my arms were welcoming the newcomers, I stood and watch my twins being attacked by ignorance and falling from prejudice and lack of love.

I stood helpless screaming as the tears flowed, my god please help them,I now stand alone again. My boys have been taken from me and this world. I will stand , I will welcome, I will enlighten, keeping my foot on prejudice.

My twins will be missed, no two could ever be the symbol of freedom they were in this brave world. Their freedom was taken from them, humanity attacked. An illusion of strength, existing for hundreds of years,disappeared in an hour. My boys will no longer show the tired and the poor the new world. The masses yearning to be free will wonder where to look.

My lamp will still be beside the golden door. This mighty woman with a torch of enlightenment, will remain a mother of exiles. I will stand alone in the harbor.

• nytelecom1
    nytelecom1

anyone seen the pic of a re built world trade, with the middle finger up?........just wondering if someone could post it

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit