Furman Building E-mail

by Bstndance 4 Replies latest jw friends

• Bstndance
    Bstndance

So my step-father sent me an e-mail that was circulating amongst the dubs with an article about the conversion of the Furman Building into condos. He sent it to me with something like, "look what they're doing to the furman building". The article said that WTS sold the building in 2004(?) for $200 million.

So I replied: "Wow, nice condos. Who pocketed the $200million?"

hehehe

• Santisimo
    Santisimo

Someone is living lovely after that sale especially since the WTS has non-profit status with the IRS.

• Virgochik
    Virgochik

Wow, how DO they launder all that money??

• Arthur
    Arthur

Yeah, I remember reading an article about this transaction in one of the New York city online newspapers. The building developer is going to build luxury apartments inside. The apartments that face the East River with a skyline view are expected to fetch up to $1 million a piece.

You would think that with the profit the WTS made on this transaction; they could have been able to afford printing newly revised Revelation books instead of holding a big cut and paste party.

• Athanasius
    Athanasius

Who knows what you will find if you follow the money trail. Might even be a front for an organized crime syndicate.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit