Bring Your Own Booze

by AudeSapere 5 Replies latest jw friends

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

BYOB - How does this work in a restaurant setting (say, in New Jersey for example )

Is it limited to wine or is Hard Liquor also allowed?

I'm trying to finalize arrangements for Dinner on Saturday and this is one last detail that I don't know how to resolve.

Thanks in advance for advise and insight.

-Aude.

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

bttt anyone?

• Sparkplug
    Sparkplug

I am not sure about Jersey, but usually if you ask the owner of the establishment they know the rules. I know here after a certian amount of people (if renting a room for a gathering) there must be a police officer present if you do this.

• jaredg
    jaredg

Good question. I've worked in several restaurants and at time people would bring in their own wine and we'd just charge them a corking fee. But I've never had anyone bring in hard liquor so I don't know. It's probably best to call and ask.

• RR
    RR

I checked out the Silver Oak's website and BYOB is mentioned in regards to Wine and Beer, not sure about hard liquor, which by-the-way, I don't drink.

RR

• wonderwoman
    wonderwoman

It may be different state to state but here it's wine only with a cork fee. Hard Liquor is only at a private event/ with an officer present (whom you have to pay for).

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit