Follow up to "This shocks even me"

by outcast 1 Replies latest jw friends

• outcast
    outcast

One thing that might come out of last weeks tragedy, witnesses might start calling each other on their unloving attitude, you go Carmi!

. http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/forum/thread.asp?id=12032&site=3

Carmi
    N E W B I E
    posted 09-17-2001 02:40 PM
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    The elder in my hall said that there are about a 100 of our bros and sis unaccounted for and that more than 10 have died. I bet there is something in their spirituality that didn't make the grade eh?
    Compare this to my mother-in-law's comment yesterday about her cousin's guardian angel working overtime that saved him from the Pentagon's attack.

I'm not trying to rock the boat here but like my MIL's story, these experiences I certainly don't relish telling other people because there is just no logic to it. I mean, if this ex-publisher died in the tragic event because she left the truth, well what about the active ones who died there, too? Does Jehovah saves some and let the others die?

Life is fragile--what we have to do now is to reflect as to what kind of life we are leading and see to it that we have Jehovah's smile of approval. So even if we live or die, we know where we stand in His scheme of things.

Something died in me last Tuesday and I heard that there was a daycare at the damaged Pentagon building. Imagine what those parents felt when they found out that their babies/kids will never come home to them. Hug your loved ones today, tell them you love them everyday--who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Carmi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yowser
    N E W B I E
    posted 09-17-2001 03:49 PM
    To be perfectly honest, I too find the above experience unsettling.
    "Time and unforeseen occurrence can befall us all."

I would hate to think that this young ladies grieving family might be hurt by the way her life was portrayed.

Smiley
    WOL Stepper
    posted 09-17-2001 04:06 PM
    Let me clarify one thing. He was not saying the sister died because she left the truth.
    A recent WT or AW article explained clearly to us that time and unforeseen occurrence befall us all.

The point the brother was making was that "the end" could come for any of us at any time. We can't think that we can be distracted with other things and then wait until we see things happening to do more for Jehovah. If an unforeseen occurrence befell us, which side would we be found on?

The speaker also used Hebrews 12:2 about Jesus "for the joy that as set before him he endured a torture stake" (keeping his eyes fixed on what is coming).

After mentioning Colossians 2:8, he said "it is not wise to wander about in this system without being aware of the dangers"

As for Eph. 6:11-18, he mentioned there seems to be a tendency today to be lacking in our spiritual armor.

vs. 14: "loins girded with truth" -- wrap the truth around us tightly; study God's word.

"breastplate of righteousness" -- protect our heart; don't let unrighteous things penetrate

vs. 15: "feet shod with the good news" -- are ours?

vs. 16: "Large shield of faith" -- to quench the wicked one's burning missiles (persecution, lies, slander, etc) Is our shield of faith large; does it protect our hearts?

These are just some of the things mentioned.
    Enjoy your SAD. How appropriate that the new program just started up at the beginning of this month! "Subject yourselves to God -- Oppose the Devil" (James 4:7)

Admins: Feel free to close this topic. Thanks!

--------------------

• Billygoat
    Billygoat

I hope you're right. I know it's definitely made my circle of friends and coworkers realize that petty personal difference, and bickering is ridiculous. That more than ever, we need to take the time to appreciate what blessings we have. Mainly, each other and others in need.

Also...

Admins: Feel free to close this topic. Thanks!

They can just ask the moderators to close a thread once they feel they have the last word? Am I reading this correctly?

Andi

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit