Islamic ISIS, the Christian Jehovah’s Witnesses, the Watchtower, and their Governing Body

by 9328737 6 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

Hi everybody,

I am currently working on this subject in my blog just in case you are interested.

http://testigoscristianosdejehova.blogspot.com/2015/02/islamic-isis-christian-jehovahs_22.html

Thanks!

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot
    I would prefer to make the comparison with the Old Testament and then bring up the Jehovah's Witnesses. That would condemn all believers who think that the OT is God's word.
  • freemindfade
    freemindfade
    I like it. I have heard a few refer to their publications as saying that if they could kill apostates legally they would. Can anyone show me one of these because I would love to have it. I know the unwritten feeling they have. But I would love to see something like that in print if it does exist.
  • AFRIKANMAN
    AFRIKANMAN

This is from the Nov. 15th 1952 question from readers. This is directly from the CD btw:

Questions from Readers
    •In the case of where a father or mother or son or daughter is disfellowshipped ,how should such person be treated by members of the family in their family relationship?—P.C.,Ontario, Canada.
    We are not living today among theocratic nations where such members of our fleshly family relationship could be exterminated for apostasy from God and his theocratic organization, as was possible and was ordered in the nation of Israel in the wilderness of Sinai and in the land of Palestine. "Thou shalt surely kill him; thy hand shall be first upon him to put him to death, and afterwards the hand of all the people. And thou shalt stone him to death with stones, because he hath sought to draw thee away from Jehovah thy God, . . . And all Israel shall hear, and fear, and shall do no more any such wickedness as this is in the midst of thee."—Deut. 13:6-11,AS.
    Being limited by the laws of the worldly nation in which we live and also by the laws of God through Jesus Christ, we can take action against apostates only to a certain extent, that is, consistent with both sets of laws. The law of the land and God’s law through Christ forbid us to kill apostates, even though they be members of our own flesh-and-blood family relationship. However, God’s law requires us to recognize their being disfellowshipped from his congregation, and this despite the fact that the law of the land in which we live requires us under some natural obligation to live with and have dealings with such apostates under the same roof."

I ran this statement past people who are non-JW and they came back with the feeling that this statement strongly implies............" given half a chance ..this is how we would actually deal with apostates ....."-They too could be wrong !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nov 15, 2011 WT - "The prophet Elisha sent one of the sons of the prophets to anoint Jehu as king and to intruct him to kill every male of the apostate house of Ahab.—2 Ki. 8:28; 9:1-10." "Though the thought of violence is unpleasant, we should realize that in those days, Jehovah used his servants to carry out his judgments.... Today, no servant of Jehovah uses physical force against opponents of pure worship. “Vengeance is mine,” God says. (Heb.10:30) But to rid the congregation of potentially corrupting influences, Christian elders may have to act with courage similar to that of Jehu. (1 Cor. 5:9-13) And all members of the congregation need to be determined to avoid the company of disfellowshipped individuals.— 2 John 9-11." "Jehu announced that he intended to hold “a great sacrifice” for Baal. (2 Ki. 10:18, 19) “This is a clever play on words on the part of Jehu,” says one scholar. While the term employed here “generally means ‘sacrifice,’ it is also used of the ‘slaughter’ of apostates.” "It is true that Jehu spilled much blood. Yet, the Scriptures present him as a courageous man.

Again ....you be your own judge !

• jhine
    jhine

Is that attitude still present now amongst JWs ?, and to what extent . I find it hard to believe that the Witnesses I know would be prepared to kill anyone . However I am constantly being surprised by the watchtower.

I am convinced that these "letters from readers " are set ups written by ,well, the writing department .

Jan

Thanks Afrikanman for the references. They are priceless. :)
  • Vidiot
    Vidiot

Village Idiot - "I would prefer to make the comparison with the Old Testament..."

Ditto.

Subversion works better in phases.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit