Every so often the reminders of being one of Jehovah's Witnesses
    comes back to haunt me in a Watchtower flashback memory. Some-
    times it is an old suit or an old book bag. On my way to college
    it is necessary to pass the Kingdom Hall and the flood of memories
    return.

Dealing with the Past

What flash back memories do you have when it comes to your old
    life as a witness? How do you handle the memories or flashbacks
    when you have them? Do you revert into a negative state of mind?

Please discuss this issue because there are probably a number of
    us on this board that have dealt with this issue or are currently
    dealing with it.

Respectfully,

The Wanderer

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

That's why we're here for you, Darlin'. We are all having the same damned flashbacks. It gets easier, trust me. I have been out for over 20 years.

Just remind yourself how completely amazing and awesome you are that you managed to get out and survive. And anytime you have one of these flashbacks, turn it into thanks and pats on the back.

Strength to you!!!

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

hey wanderer,crikey, do i ever relate to what you are saying..there was a time that smelling bad colonge or too much perfume brought back horrid memories of those long wasted hours as a child...i see those memory triggers now,and im ok,but i keep an eye on them as you would a poisonous snake..ill stop and watch a man walking down a driveway w/a briefcase,or woman in an outdated outfit,but it dosent bum me out like it used to,due to jw memories..give it some time,and make some wordly friends.enjoy this beautiful life as it is and the way you want it to be,and i think youll start to heal..youre on the right track tho...maybe study up on some p.t.s.d. tactics...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit