Blackbart..eh? Waiting

by Patriot 1 Replies latest jw friends

• Patriot
    Patriot

Hey Waiting!,

I just read your reply post about your 3/4 lb puppy and naming him Blackbart, my wife and I were laughing with gratitude that someone will do that that it actually made me shell out a few tears.

Blackbart is indeed a hard worker but I feel so bad for him. It was only after I returned home that I realized that he was licking the bottom of his left forefoot more and longer than usual. Inspecting him I realized that he had a pretty serious cut.

He probably picked it up somewhere on the debris. He is such a "knucklehead" sometimes. I was given by the RedCross some doggy boots but he would not let me put them on, he just did not want them. Oh well, he has his paw wrapped for now.

But I did give him the whole chicken (mostly boneless) I promised him before this whole mess for his birthday (Sept. 12).

Thanks all for your kind words.

Maverick-

P.S. Exodus where are you man? Are you at the back up facility of Morgan Stanley D. W.?

I rather lose today at a cause that I know one day will triumph, than to triumph in a cause that tommorrow will cease to be

• waiting
    waiting

Howdy Mav,

Please give your wife, your precious daughter, and....your wonderful Blackbart a hug for me.

My lil' Blackbart will grow to about 11/12 lbs. But let me tell you what......those Dachshunds are fierce! They'll take you out at your ankles....no doubt about it.

The last person who came to see the pups wore sandles. The pups' mom kept nipping her toes to warn her to stay away from her pups. You should have seen that girl jumping around!

Btw, when I had my huge German Shepherd, I had my 15 lb male Dachshund too - both in the same fence. Well, there was a female lab in heat - and they both got Real Territorial Fast. A fight started and the shepherd got the dachshund in his mouth, lengthwise, shaking him around like a ragdoll. My husband came out at that moment, and was trying to calm the dogs down.

The dumb dachshund kept snarling and snapping at the shepherd, while in his mouth - as if to say "when I get out of your mouth, you're in sooooo much trouble......."

All ended well, we separated the males, and the lab was just as happy as she was before.

On the news, they showed some of the damage that the trained dogs endured - including cut paws, receiving oxygen, etc. It doesn't surpise me that Blackbart wouldn't wear those "girly slippers." No dog named Blackbart would, eh?

waiting

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit