for all you beer lovers in NY and NJ...

by thecarpenter 2 Replies latest jw friends

• thecarpenter
    thecarpenter

www.nybrewfest.com

The NY Brewfest presented by Heartland Brewery will be held on Friday September 8th 2006 from 5:00PM until 10:00PM in New York City at South Street Seaport’s Pier 16 & 17. The festival is a celebration to recognize the NYS Beer Trail and showcase samplings from New York State’s 58 outstanding breweries. We have also partnered with the Pride of NY to showcase food and wine producers from New York State.

The festival is sanctioned by the NYS Brewers Association and endorsed by the NYS Department to Agriculture and Markets’ – The Pride of New York Farmers’ Marketplace. This is a sampling festival. A commemorative 4-ounce glass is given to all patrons at the Information Booth/Entrance. Admission allows samplings from over 200 styles of hand crafted NYS Beers, NYS Wines and NYS Foods. Four unique and eclectic NYS bands will perform throughout the evening. The event is a venerable gumbo of New York’s creativity.

The booth spaces are tented and much of the area is covered in the event of inclement weather. Over fifty master brewers and brewery representatives will be on hand to answer brewing related questions. Likewise, food producer and winery representatives will be on hand to educate patrons. This festival is designed for mature adults. No one under the age of 21 will be served and legal identification will be enforced. No one without proper glass and wrist band credentials will be served.

Tickets are $40 and are available on-line through PayPal at: www.nybrewfest.com beginning August 1st. Tickets are also available at any one of the five Heartland Brewery locations in New York City. A limited amount of tickets may also be sold at the gate but are based solely on availability. We encourage interested parties to purchase tickets in advance; we do anticipate a sell out.

Proceeds from the event will benefit the New York State Brewers Association a NYS 501(c) 6 Not-For-Profit Corporation.

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Are you going? I don't drink beer but do love wine.

Is what I saw last weekend true--a brewery in Times Square?

• ronin1
    ronin1

I wish we were still in NY.

Ronin1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit