Are JW's the only ones

by Honesty 7 Replies latest jw friends

• Honesty
    Honesty

who go door to door asking for donations when they place their literature?

• Arthur
    Arthur

I do not know of any other religion besides the Mormons who even go door-to-door at all. It is my understanding that the LDS will give you a copy of the Book of Mormon on a donation basis, but I could be mistaken.

• blondie
    blondie

The LDS offer a KJV Bible on TV at no cost...I would think it would be the same from door to door.

The Jimmy Swaggert case affected more than how the WTS did business regarding literature and setting a price on it. I notice that on TV and through the mail most religious groups have a suggested price or donation to their organization. They don't want to pay tax either.

Blondie

• sonnyboy
    sonnyboy

The mormons don't have to ask for donations. They have television commercials for that.

• Sweetp0985
    Sweetp0985

guess none of them want to pay caesar's things to caesar.

• FairMind
    FairMind
    guess none of them want to pay caesar's things to caesar.

Ceasar wants too much of what we have. Go Fair Tax!

• pseudoxristos
    pseudoxristos

The Mormons came by my house several times. I acted interested and they gave me a Book of Mormon and some literature. I offered to pay, but they refused to take the money. They came back a few times and we discussed various topics. Their approach seemed disorganized with no real direction except to try to get me to go to their church/temple.

pseudo

• parakeet
    parakeet

fairmind:
    ***Ceasar wants too much of what we have. Go Fair Tax!***

If publishing corporations that masquerade as religions paid their fair share of taxes, the rest of us wouldn't have to pay as much.
    "Donations" -- what a crock.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit