What if you could have your JW membership annulled?

by moshe 9 Replies latest jw friends

• moshe
    moshe

I was thinking what a stampede there would be to do that-what if they made a special announcement at the KH next month, that anyone who felt they had made a mistake in getting baptised could request an annullment. Their name would be removed from the WT records and they would be treated like someone who had never been a baptised witness.

This offer is good for one month only, hurry in to your local KH while this offer is still available.- Remember the deadline for this special program is October 31st!

I think maybe, I've been watching too many end of the year 2006 model new car clearance commercials!

• Dismembered
    Dismembered

Greetings moshe,

You know you're probably right. I'd be the 1st in line out here.

Dismembered

• twinflame
    twinflame

Hmmmmmm....Borg amnesty. Interesting concept.

• blondie
    blondie

But will they still have everlasting life? Will JWs leave if they are still true believers in the dogma, doctrine, and policies of the WTS?

Yes, you can leave, but then we have to kill you.

'Relax,' said the night man,
    We are programmed to receive.
    You can checkout any time you like,
    but you can never leave!
    Blondie
  • garybuss
    garybuss

They could say anybody who wants their baptism annulled just send in $1,000 . . . offer only good for one month. Windfall profit time!
    Then next month announce that anybody who had their baptism annulled will be shunned.

• iamfreenow
    iamfreenow

I just "anulled" my membership, but I think if it were possible to have your baptism anulled, yet still be able to have normal relations with your family and friends, there would quite a few takers.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine
    'Relax,' said the night man.........

That's demonistic!--lol

Although that sounds ridiculous, it really is not. It's actually the right thing to do for us, the loving thing to do.

But that's asking to much, I guess.

Plus it would be like surrendering to them.--imo They'd watch us coming in to "sign out" with their arms folded like we are starving to death and they are showing us pity.

• LDH
    LDH

This is like asking, "What if you could have your membership to the Hyper-active Elastic Kinetic Space Monkies annulled?"

They don't exist.

Lisa

• moshe
    moshe

Then next month announce that anybody who had their baptism annulled will be shunned.

LMAO- you took my punchline Gary!- of course, all they have to do is wait a month or so and then print a new WT "understanding" and shun them all. What a sneaky way to OUT all the slackers and weak ones in the Cong.

The $1000 fee is a novel idea and I am sure justifiable for administrative costs.

I did send a letter back in 1988 annulling my membership- in essence I argued that they had obtained my baptism by means of fraud ( hidden false prophecies, doctrinal flip flops, crazy medical ideas, etc) therby giving me the right to cancel my implicit contract as a Jehovah's Witness with them.

• Confession
    Confession

Moshe,

I've seen this concept bandied about in this forum before. I'd thought of it myself. I believe the fact that the WTS does not provide for such an annulment is one way they demonstrate a strong degree of disingenuousness. (Disingenuosity?)

Would anyone expect any sort of legal contract to be binding if the one signing it were twelve years old? Likewise, would anyone expect a twelve-year-old to understand the gravity of agreeing to a JW baptism? Of course not. But what is the position taken by the WTS on this matter?

They don't care. Is this because they care much more about their own authority--and the preservation of their religion--more than the many individuals whose lives may be ruined by their enforced shunning? Yes. But it's also because they want to silence anyone who leaves the fold--so that existing JWs do not hear what they have to say.

I consider this a strategy of tight-fisted desperation. It is not one that springs from a confidence that Jehovah is truly directing their organization. It instead springs from fear. Fear that others will discover what departed ones know. Fear that these ones will also leave. Fear that their ecclesiastical power will be diminished. Fear that maybe these departing ones are actually right.

Confession

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit