A letter to my family

by monkeyshine 6 Replies latest jw experiences

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Please see the following thread with the updated letter (personal details removed). Letter to my family. Retyped edited by request to remove personal details ~ Scully

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

Sorry, I'm trying to figure this out. Can't seem to get it right.

• monkeyshine
    monkeyshine

There we go. I edited the first post so you can see it. Sorry again.

• earthtone
    earthtone

shine, it's so small. I can barely read it.

• earthtone
    earthtone

Okay I read it and it sounds logical to me and I'm sure to others on this site, but we are xJW's. They are probably going to see the stance they are taking as "doing God's Will". They think they are suppose to shun you. From what you have told me your sisters are pretty cold-hearted. I don't think they will understand what you are saying, About putting families first, because they are taught to put God first, always.

Overall I think it's nicely done. You made a good point about the elders stepping down for their family, but the elder is still attending the meetings. Big difference from you, who doesn't go.

I wish I was more helpful. I just wanted you to be aware of what the reaction will most likely be.

• serendipity
    serendipity

Hi monkeyshine, I hope this letter makes an impact.

• JWdaughter
    JWdaughter

It is a beautiful letter and if not immediately acted upon will definitely give some family members some food for thought.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit