7 stars

by lesterd 1 Replies latest watchtower bible

• lesterd
    lesterd

What I got out of this mornings WT text for the day, watch out apostates.

10 “The birdcatcher,” Satan, sets many traps. (Psalm 91:3) For instance, a former associate may try to induce us to wander off the pathway of spiritual light into the darkness of apostasy. Among Christians at Thyatira, there was “that woman Jezebel,” possibly a group of women teaching others to practice idolatry and commit fornication. Jesus did not tolerate such evils, and neither should we. (Revelation 2:18-22; Jude 3, 4) Let us therefore pray for Jehovah’s help so that we do not wander from his orders but remain in divine light.—Psalm 119:111, 112. I thought this was prophetic, as is the following:

: “As for the sacred secret of the seven stars that you saw upon my right hand, and of the seven golden lampstands: The seven stars mean the angels of the seven congregations, and the seven lampstands mean seven congregations.”—Revelation 1:20. So the sacred secrets are now revealed?

6 The “stars” are “the angels of the seven congregations.” In Revelation, stars sometimes symbolize literal angels, but Jesus, (who’s putting words in Jesus mouth?) would hardly use a human penman to write to invisible spirit creatures. ( UHMM, then nothing else penned by man has to do with the spirit realm?”) So the “stars” must, be the human overseers, or elders, (notice the word “must” and not, ARE, not a commeted statement but one that the organization takes authority for that assumption) in the congregations, viewed as Jesus’ messengers. The messages are addressed to the stars, for these are responsible for the oversight of Jehovah’s flock.—Acts 20:28.

• badboy
    badboy

ME NOT UNDERSTAND EXACTLY?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit